LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No contact is so hard!

Platinum Member
    Do you have a trusted friend who you can text instead? Ask that friend if you can text her/him whenever you feel the urge to text your ex. You can even have a preset text that says "Help, I'm tempted to text him!"

Also, instead of deleting his number, how about saving it in your contact as "NO DON'T!" as a reminder.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Do you have a trusted friend who you can text instead? Ask that friend if you can text her/him whenever you feel the urge to text your ex. You can even have a preset text that says "Help, I'm tempted to text him!"

Also, instead of deleting his number, how about saving it in your contact as "NO DON'T!" as a reminder.
    I've done both. Offered to be a break up buddy for my friend who did really impulsive, cringe worthy things.
    I had her call me first before she acted on it.

And I've either blocked and/or changed their picture on my phone. Once I put in it's place a gruesome picture of the Joker, from the Batman movie and I changed his name to FREAK! That's all it took when it popped up to make me not want to answer it and in turn sometimes even made me laugh at myself a little.

Bronze Member
    Yes! Abolutely! In fact he just called me to congratulate me on NC. It's great to have a friend like that who is always there to tell it to you straight, even when you've convinced yourself contact is the best thing. As for adding my ex to my phone under a different name, I prefer not having him on there at all. The temptation is diminished (I'd need to search through old bills to find his number and it's a lot of effort!) and otherwise, I end up just looking to see when he was last on Whatsapp and getting peeved when it's always 'online'. This way, he is no part of my life whatsoever :)

Originally Posted by jenberry
    Yes! Abolutely! In fact he just called me to congratulate me on NC. It's great to have a friend like that who is always there to tell it to you straight, even when you've convinced yourself contact is the best thing. As for adding my ex to my phone under a different name, I prefer not having him on there at all. The temptation is diminished (I'd need to search through old bills to find his number and it's a lot of effort!) and otherwise, I end up just looking to see when he was last on Whatsapp and getting peeved when it's always 'online'. This way, he is no part of my life whatsoever :)
    Good girl!

Platinum Member

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Holly, what does your message mean please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice