What should I do with this girl who thinks I still like her?

purxred

Okay if you read my last thread, I kind of flirted with this girl during our office party, then I realized that I really liked her so I tried to talk to her and told her indirectly that yes I like you, she got the hint and I told her I won't carry on pursuing her since she likes someone else. We were friends before, and decided we'll be cool and just act normal. I moved on and expected that we're going back like we used to be. Okay probably we wont be exactly like we were before but at least we're cool.

So at the office I'm trying to forget what happened and acting normal. Smiling at her and saying hi. But how come she acts like too almighty and having this malicious grins whenever I'm around? It irritates me to the core that she thinks I still like her. I don't wanna come off rude and just avoid or ignore her or act like she doesn't exist. I'm a natural friendly person, and I'm trying to be cordial. Does she still thinks that I'm head over heels for her or still likes her?

Do I have to talk to her and tell her straight up that I don't like her anymore? She's the one who as though pushed me away that's why I stopped asking her out. We're both females and bi. So I know how a girl acts if she fronts like "hey this person likes me omg".

Any advice?

Okay if you read my last thread, I kind of flirted with this girl during our office party, then I realized that I really liked her so I tried to talk to her and told her indirectly that yes I like you, she got the hint and I told her I won't carry on pursuing her since she likes someone else. We were friends before, and decided we'll be cool and just act normal. I moved on and expected that we're going back like we used to be. Okay probably we wont be exactly like we were before but at least we're cool.

So at the office I'm trying to forget what happened and acting normal. Smiling at her and saying hi. But how come she acts like too almighty and having this malicious grins whenever I'm around? It irritates me to the core that she thinks I still like her. I don't wanna come off rude and just avoid or ignore her or act like she doesn't exist. I'm a natural friendly person, and I'm trying to be cordial. Does she still thinks that I'm head over heels for her or still likes her?

Do I have to talk to her and tell her straight up that I don't like her anymore? She's the one who as though pushed me away that's why I stopped asking her out. We're both females and bi. So I know how a girl acts if she fronts like "hey this person likes me omg".

Any advice?

This is good example of why you shouldn't "tell" someone you like them when you aren't sure of how they feel about you.

Do not talk to her about your feelings again. She doesn't care. Just be yourself but don't go out of your way to be friendly. I'd be asking myself why I would be thinking to tell someone I liked them when they had already turned me down when I asked them out.

You're over thinking it now so just let it go and carry on normally without posing in anyway.

1. why does it bother you "to the core" that she may think you're still head over heals for her?

2. Why do you not want to come off as rude and don't want to act as if she doesn't exist?

Why are you so pre-occupied with how you look or might look to other people and what they may think of you and their opinion of you (is the point)?

The clear thing here is to figure out why you care SO MUCH about how you appear, are regarded, and what peopel think of you -and learn how to NOT care about those things. Usually it's an insecurity talking which manifests itself in the need to be liked or looked upon in a positive way. I can tell you if you live your life worrying about what other people think or what your image is - you'll live a very unfulfilled and unhappy life. So this is your main mission - to learn how NOT to care or worry about what anybody else might think or judge you in ANY regard.

once you can act FREELY just out of your instincts tell you to do without worrying about any backlash of any kind - it's a completely new world and life and a much FREE-ER and liberated life.

Good luck.

1. why does it bother you "to the core" that she may think you're still head over heals for her?

2. Why do you not want to come off as rude and don't want to act as if she doesn't exist?

Why are you so pre-occupied with how you look or might look to other people and what they may think of you and their opinion of you (is the point)?

The clear thing here is to figure out why you care SO MUCH about how you appear, are regarded, and what peopel think of you -and learn how to NOT care about those things. Usually it's an insecurity talking which manifests itself in the need to be liked or looked upon in a positive way. I can tell you if you live your life worrying about what other people think or what your image is - you'll live a very unfulfilled and unhappy life. So this is your main mission - to learn how NOT to care or worry about what anybody else might think or judge you in ANY regard.

once you can act FREELY just out of your instincts tell you to do without worrying about any backlash of any kind - it's a completely new world and life and a much FREE-ER and liberated life.

Good luck.

Except I dont care about how "I appear to other people".

Except I dont care about how "I appear to other people".

If this were true you wouldn't be so upset about whether this girl thinks you like her or not.

If you go out of your way to tell her you don't, you will only reinforce what she thinks, and you will look immature in the process.

If you want to deal with this in an adult manner, be polite and cordial when you have to be and ignore her the rest of the time. She will eventually get the hint and leave you alone.

No. Just be polite cordial and professional no matter how she acts. Otherwise avoid/ignore her and get more involved at work and with other coworkers and of course a dating and social life outside of work. It's not about her.

Do I have to talk to her and tell her straight up that I don't like her anymore?

The girl can cause you serious problem. I don't think that telling her directly is not good idea. but, I got same situation before, and at that time, I told the person directly that he has no more chance with really really dry way. It worked.

I know. I want us to be friends again, not because I'm aiming for us to be together, but I kinda miss her, our bond.

How did you go around telling him? Did he stay away after that?

No. Just be polite cordial and professional no matter how she acts. Otherwise avoid/ignore her and get more involved at work and with other coworkers and of course a dating and social life outside of work. It's not about her.

I just miss hanging out with her, without the awkwardness and actions she's pulling right now. I wish she drops it already.

Archived