Should I leave him for good

Mamabear26

My bf works from 8pm-6am sometimes until 10am and he comes home and goes to sleep and literally wakes up around 2 or 3. He gets his son every other week and I was the one watching him. He’s 3 ..along with our 12 month old, & my 4 yr old & my7 year old. It was too much for me and I told my bf to only get his son on weekends. He has off Friday-Monday afternoon. He wouldnt do that cuz he wanted to work overtime on the weekends. I’ve told him it would be easier for the both of us. He doesn’t think it’s hard but he’s never watched all of them for a long period of time and when he does have only his son. He will sleep and forget to feed him or feed him really late. This shift that he’s working is the reaso we were arguing all the time and the reason he’s not helping me And he always telling me he needs to sleep and

Tired . I understand that but he was putting so much responsibility on me. I went from 2 kids to 4 kids under a year and it’s a bit much. He doesn’t think a mom’s job is hard or stressful compared to his. It’s annoying and making me have c attitude constantly because I’m so stressed out. He thinks I just don’t want to watch his son but it’s not even that, it’s jus 4 children are hard period especially if I’m doing it alone. Before this I live two hours away and he wanted me to move closer to him. ever Since I moved closer to him( I lived with him temporarily for 2 months) until I got my place. He was nothing but miserable, I Cleaned & Cooked.

He thinks I just sat around and didn’t contribute to bills. But I was watching his son for him while he worked.

Anyways I know have my own place and I broke up with him I I told him he can focus on sleeping better and save up his $ to do stuff on his car and get a break without having kids around and he can work all the overtime he want without having any other priorities. He has done just that. He comes over to help me unpack or bring stuff I left over his house and spend time with our 12 month old for maybe one or two hours and then that’s when he leaves, because he has other stuff to do. He was neglecting me the whole time I was at his house just complaining about everything, meanwhile I’m the one that’s stressed out. Should we stay broken up because obviously we cannot live in a place together. That’s basically the main goal that a boyfriend and girlfriend usually tries to accomplish

i don't know necessarily who's in the right or wrong here - there is probably a "his side" of the story we aren't hearing.

But.. since you already left him and feel so adamant about your side - my guess is you should consider it a permanent "leave" and move on from him. I dn't see much hope in this one.

My husband and I used to work opposite shifts. When I got off of work he was going to work. We had two little boys and it was really hard on our relationship. I was lonely. We fought all the time. We were both working and caring for the kids alone and it was very stressful. We talked to our pastor and we saw a Christian counselor. Both offered us good, sound advice. Do you have anyone like that in your life that you can talk to? You are not alone! I’ll be praying for you, for God’s direction and peace with the decisions you make for you and your family. Hang in there!

Archived