Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm not sure what to do!

This explains a lot, I've come from a broken ,home I had a hard childhood, my parents never said they loved me and still don't and I've only ever been with him as a first love ,so I have had nothing to compare what a love should be, sorry

Platinum Member
    Donít be sorry, be proud of yourself for sensing something is wrong and posting here for outside perspective. Youíre already being mighty!

It doesn't matter what or where you came from. Don't use that to excuse all this and make believe what he's doing isn't abusive or that you can't tell the difference between abuse and normal. No one has to have a wonderful TV-family childhood to understand right from wrong, that's just nonsense.

Do not try to explain this away with a past you can't change or had control over. The best way to reinforce hopelessness, helplessness and despair is to dwell on an unchangeable past. Do not reply on pop psychology for your mental health. Get real help.

Therapy that focuses on the here and now and what You can do to change your circumstances is the best way to a better life for you.
    Originally Posted by Moonlight37
    This explains a lot, I've come from a broken ,home I had a hard childhood, my parents never said they loved me and still don't and I've only ever been with him as a first love ,so I have had nothing to compare what a love should be, sorry

I've read that people in abusive relationships don't realise they are being abused because the abuser turning things around and makes things their fault and also this is the truth I didn't realise fully about what was going on with him in till started looking into it ,and my childhood did have a part in how I see things as I thought it was my fault from my mum, sometimes people do need a different view point to be able to see more clearly ,which is why getting a different view point on here has helped me,I can now see things more clearly. Thanks ,I will be making steps to changing my situation asap.
    Last edited by Moonlight37; 01-27-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Platinum Member
    Cheering for you moonlight :-)

Lol what allergy do you have where anaphylaxis is just treated by opening a window?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice