He said "give me some time, sweetie" (LDR)

Hello world

My story is about long distance relationship (LDR) start from i've been oversea (travel alone). And I met this guy on the street and he came to talk to me. Then, he took me to many places and he is really polite and romantic person (make me feel like I'm a princess) like he bought necklace with his name and gave to me to remember him when we apart, gave me rose, asked DJ to sang a song for me, we always hold hands. He asked to spent overnight with me, but I refused (we kissed and hugs). On the last day, I saw he was crying and he told me that our relationship won't end here. So, I gave him my email and phone number. (I haven't saw his mobile phone during he was with me).

After 1 month, he called me back and said that he missed me so much. We chat and video call every day around a month after that. We talked about our future, relationship and always romantic (we promise to share eveeything, no liar, honest). But the problem happen after he started to build restaurant business. He said that he was very very busy to take care of his business. After that I feel like we were starting apart slowly. I asked him around 2-3 times in a week that what's happen?, new girl? and please said the truth. He said that he just tired and I'm always in his heart (for a last week, we just talked like couple conversation per day). Then, the last day that I asked him, he said that give me some time, sweetie. I said ok.....our last conversation around 5-6 days ago.

Well, I'm really not sure that what does he mean? Should I contact him back or wait for him to contact me back?

Thank you

Hello world :)

Unfortunately it sounds like a romantic vacation fling, but LDRs are hard and boring and unsatisfying. He is fading out with the "busy, stressed, confused" excuse. You can wait or you can contact him, but he's trying to end it for any number of reasons including distance and he probably is charming a new local girl or tourist. Enjoy the fond memories but for a relationship, you'll have to start dating locally.

travel alone And I met this guy on the street and he came to talk to me. Then, the last day that I asked him, he said that give me some time, sweetie. I said ok.....our last conversation around 5-6 days ago.

I had a similar experience when I travelled alone. We kept in touch and even had plans to meet at my country but he kept cancelling those plans and delaying until I realised he was trying to fade away, which I don't blame him for.

I wouldn't wait around for him. The ball is in his court if he wants to pursue something. Just try to date locally and move on.

For one, I think you need to be careful here. You got love bombed (look up the term) and that's not a good thing, it's a huge red flag.

All that long distance talking means nothing. You don't know each other, you don't even know if he is actually single or even was single when he met you.

Opening and running a restaurant is a very intense, 24/7 kind of a job. It's beyond exhausting, especially just starting out and there will be a lot of challenges along the way too. So he is being genuine when he tells you that he doesn't have the time to dedicate that much attention to you like before.

The way you keep jumping on him if there is another woman....well....it's unattractive.....and possibly true. You can promise to be honest with each other all you want, BUT people will lie as it suits them.

Given the long distance, his business, and the red flags....it's probably best that you go ahead and fade out and focus on your life and dating locally. Life is so much more fun when you are with someone who can actually give you a real hug and a kiss, someone you can go out and have fun with in real life, someone where you don't have to constantly wonder who they really are and what they are really doing while you are sitting alone in front of a screen.

Archived