Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top of the list

Mom today said she's praying I don't move out. I feel like God really wants me to move. I swear I heard him speak, he said follow me not man. Which to me means have faith things will work out.

Well I essentially am approved however I owe money to a prior rental, and have to have a drafted repayment plan to show the subsidized rental by next Tuesday.

The place isn't nicer than mom's but it's in my ideal location. All my therapists think moving out is a good idea. My psychiatrist has called her a bad mom for not wanting me to move out. I'm mostly decided to move but it won't be easy. I just don't know how to break it to mom, she really relies on my help around here. But staying is making me resentful, its not something I'm happy to do. I feel like she's holding me back stunting my growth,, and it's making me angry.

This is tough and really sucks. Wish I could hold off moving until August/September. My financial situation is better than.

Platinum Member
    Can you truly afford this move? Will the added expense of paying the money you still owe to your previous landlord create a hardship?

If your emergency financial plan consists of asking your brother for money or loading up your credit cards, that is a very precarious situation.

Well I have to find out what they will charge me. After deductions it might be about the same as at mom's. My brother is paid off in Sept. Mom paid off in Aug. That's $300 more dollars per month. It might be tight for 5 months.

Might try to pay them back sooner. I hate all these bills. Mom always wants me owing her money. I paid her back only for her to get me involved in the scam and loan me money. If she didn't loan it I would have cut out of the scam sooner.

I'm approved if I get a letter from my former apartment outlining a payment agreement. I have to have the letter Tuesday, I had to send them the payment before they would do the letter. They should have got it today. I'm also working on getting mileage reports, letters from psychiatrist. All other requested documents have been submitted.

Platinum Member
    I think that your therapist who says your mom is "bad" for not wanting you to move out doesn't know the full story about your history of moving out, and don't confuse the divine guidance and voices in your head. Moving into an apartment is neither here nor their in regards to following a path towards God or to be beholden to man. If the therapist knew your history, even if they encouraged you to move out, they would acknowledge that mom is RIGHTFULLY concerned due to your past performances of living solo.

Originally Posted by Jetta
    I'm approved if I get a letter from my former apartment outlining a payment agreement. I have to have the letter Tuesday, I had to send them the payment before they would do the letter. They should have got it today. I'm also working on getting mileage reports, letters from psychiatrist. All other requested documents have been submitted.
    Do you have enough income to pay backrent to a former rental AND afford this place?

Can you pledge to yourself "no dating?"

Also, if you really want to do this -- you know that it has to be for good - mom can't be expected to pick up the pieces -- are you prepared for that??

Platinum Member
    I hope you have enough saved for an emergency. Returning to Mom or brother for a bailout is probably not going to be an option anymore.

BTW, did you say you also owe your brother money? Or is it all paid back?

He bought me a car without me asking I was planning a loan. He said his loan was better, and it has been. I'll have him paid back for sure by Oct. Trying to pay more and pay him back in July. My psychiatrist this time acknowledged that I have become stable at mom's but he thinks it's time I try on my own, subsidized doesn't come up all the time.

Platinum Member
    So you earn enough for rent at the new place, expenses, paying your brother back AND paying the previous apartment back plus a cushion for emergencies?

I don't yet know what I'll be charged for rent. They deduct certain expenses from your rent with subsidized. Medical expenses for one. They insist I work out a payment plan so maybe it's another deduction. But I haven't been given a number yet. That will ultimately determine if I move.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice