Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: PTSD related rant

  1. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,606
    Gender
    Male
    Iydm
    Maybe you answered this already in another thread..., but how old were the nephews and were they with you, and if so, how long?

  2. #12
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35,888
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Lester
    Iydm
    Maybe you answered this already in another thread..., but how old were the nephews and were they with you?
    My great nephew is 18 months he lived with my mom and step dad ( his bio great grandpa) until a few days ago. When they found out a week ago my mom broke her wrist and back looking after him ( 3 weeks ago she fell) and finally went to a dr last week. She had to call CAS pick him up. He went to his grandmother’s house ( my step sister and her daughter , the mom) .

    Anyway his fate is decided in court next Tuesday .

  3. #13
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    11,900
    Lots and lots of love and hugs vic xxxx sorry this has all come up for you xxxxxx

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,606
    Gender
    Male
    While easy to say, sometimes these things work out in unexpectedly good ways.

  5.  

  6. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    Gender
    Female
    You really do have a lot on your plate. Things to think about: Would just talking to your mom on the phone be possible? Is that difficult, too? Does she really expect you to leave your son with someone so you can visit her, or is that a burden you are placing on yourself? Even at 52, you are allowed to take care of yourself, emotionally. I assume you feel guilty for not doing all of the things you feel like you "should" be doing, but if you just can't do it all, don't. I'm talking from my experience of depression as well as losing both of my parents at 16, then living with an aunt and uncle. I know that I "should" be treating my aunt as a mom and communicating with her as much as other daughters and mothers. I just can't. It is too much for me emotionally. Sometimes it takes so much energy to get through a day, that I don't have the energy to interact with someone else, even an aunt that has loved me as best as she can. She knows that it is hard for me and never blames me - I do that to myself enough, which ironically makes it that much harder to call because I feel so guilty.

    Your signature actually mentions one of my favorite things that Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Rest for my soul. I love, love that.




    The New International Version. (2011). (Mt 11:28–30). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

  7. #16
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35,888
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by socalpoppy
    You really do have a lot on your plate. Things to think about: Would just talking to your mom on the phone be possible? Is that difficult, too? Does she really expect you to leave your son with someone so you can visit her, or is that a burden you are placing on yourself? Even at 52, you are allowed to take care of yourself, emotionally. I assume you feel guilty for not doing all of the things you feel like you "should" be doing, but if you just can't do it all, don't. I'm talking from my experience of depression as well as losing both of my parents at 16, then living with an aunt and uncle. I know that I "should" be treating my aunt as a mom and communicating with her as much as other daughters and mothers. I just can't. It is too much for me emotionally. Sometimes it takes so much energy to get through a day, that I don't have the energy to interact with someone else, even an aunt that has loved me as best as she can. She knows that it is hard for me and never blames me - I do that to myself enough, which ironically makes it that much harder to call because I feel so guilty.

    Your signature actually mentions one of my favorite things that Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Rest for my soul. I love, love that.




    The New International Version. (2011). (Mt 11:28–30). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.
    My mom would never blame me ,no. She would never want me to risk anything. If I could not come she would be ok with that. My son is an adult but he is Autistic and sometimes needs help with executive functioning issues . Or he could be afraid if an unusual circumstance happens. I have a girl friend here who has an adult Autistic daughter so she can make sure he is ok and he could go to her place.

    My kitty got a bill of much improving health. 🥰. He just needs one more recheck next Friday. Then all being well he needs no more checks.

    So I think I am going to go see my mom just for today and come home tomorrow morning.

  8. #17
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35,888
    Gender
    Female
    Went and saw my mom for 24 hours. 🥰 And I am back home again. She’s in significant pain from the fractured vertebrae but it has to heal so there’s not much to be done . They have given her Dilaudid 1 mg so she can sleep at night but it’s not a strong enough prescription and she only sleeps about four or five hours .

  9. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Went and saw my mom for 24 hours. 🥰 And I am back home again. She’s in significant pain from the fractured vertebrae but it has to heal so there’s not much to be done . They have given her Dilaudid 1 mg so she can sleep at night but it’s not a strong enough prescription and she only sleeps about four or five hours .
    Thank you so much for sharing with us after your visit. I am so sorry that your mom is in such pain. I really hope that the four or five hours of sleep sustains her through the day. Good luck to your family regarding your great nephew tomorrow as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •