She is not available and leaving

PaulAthmer

I have never felt nearly as strongly for someone as when I think about my supervisor. I absolutely love being around her and everything about her. But she has a boyfriend and is quitting soon. My heart literally sank when I found out, and now I can't stop thinking about her. I have spent most of my life alone, and now life taunts me with a potential true love that I can't have. Please someone tell me what to do with these feelings. I give her my most courteous and professional smile while wanting to cry. Help.

Hey, it's a blessing that she's quitting. Out of sight, out of mind, even for the strongest of loves; it'll go away when she's gone. She has a boyfriend, she's not available to you no matter how good of a fit you think you'd be. Try to find ways of putting yourself out there for girls that are looking.

It's fine to have a crush. But to find "a potential true love", you need to socialize more, join some groups/clubs, etc as well as adding a quality (paid) dating app with a good profile and recent pics to your dating portfolio. You can't just show up at work, admire coworkers/people in relationships and expect to find a date no less a "true love"..

I have never felt nearly as strongly for someone as when I think about my supervisor. she has a boyfriend.

Ummm... how can this be "true love" when the love is only on YOUR side?

She is your supervisor for 1 (co-employees and especially ones with power over the other, like managers and supervisors, should never date. It is in fact illegal to date and has legal implications). Many companies do not allow it.

She has somebody she's commited to for 2. How can there be ANY love or relationsihp possiblities here if she's with SOMEBODY ELSE?

You need to realize she doesn't feel the same about you, is with somebody else, and you are not in her plans for her life like you somehow have convinced you have plans for her in your life.

There is nothing here I"m afriad.

Time to move on.

Don't ever fall or allow yourself to have feelings for a co-worker or somebody you report to.

Dont' ever fall or allow yourself to have feelings for somebody that isn't completely single and free (aka never fall for anynbody who is already committed and with somebody else!)

Archived