New job where ex is

Jtbelieve

Hello everyone!

I broke up with my ex about two years ago. Time has passed and he is seeing someone new. Our breakup wasn’t the most pleasant (when are they ever pleasant really), and we have chosen not to remain friends.

I recently have embarked in some new career choices as a yoga teacher and personal trainer. To my luck, I had a few interviews for a personal training position, and currently the opportunity that seems to be working out involves working at the gym my ex currently goes to with his new partner.

That brings me to my question, I am over stepping boundaries by accepting the position? It has been two years and he has moved forward. A part of me over thinks things, and I don’t want either of them to feel uncomfortable that I am there. But I also believe I should not turn a job opportunity down over this? What are your thoughts? Should I move forward with the position, or turn it down and keep looking elsewhere?

Definitely go for the job if you truly want it; don't let your ex control what you do with your life. But if or when you get the job, keep your distance from him. Be professional if you have to have any professional relationships with him and if he requires your professional service, try to arrange for someone else to provide him services.

Ok, don't worry about him or his gf or 'boundaries'. Do what is best for you and if you think this would be an issue, continue interviewing. Once you take a position, it's too late to decide if you're uncomfortable in it for personal reasons. Make sure you are ok with it before accepting.

I’m worried how it will be when working so close to him. I just want peace

Archived