Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm getting married and feel really uncomfortable with my fiance's groomsman

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    She didn’t. I was referring to another post.
    Were you referring to my post?

“Wedding party” is a term that refers to all the people standing up in the wedding (bridal party, attendants, etc).

I wasn’t talking about the size of the reception...

Just clarifying because I’m not sure if that was unclear in my post...

Originally Posted by Batya33
    So, OP I agree that you need to just smile and overlook this kind of off guy but also consider since it is a year away, downsizing and keeping things simple because if it's a whole year out and there's already this kind of issue you can bet that your fiancee is going to want to invite/include others who are not to your liking -for the reason someone else said -once you make it big you don't have the excuse of excluding someone "because it's small". And you seem to have an issue with that concept which is fine -but then just consider downsizing. 9 is an awful lot -are they all supposed to pay for their own dresses and accessories? (Way back when in the early 90s often the bride paid for most if not all of the dresses she chose).

Anyway congratulations on your upcoming marriage!!!
    I don't know if it's like that the where the OP lives, but I was bridesmaid in a wedding about 2 years ago and I payed for my dress. But in this case we could choose the dress as long as it respected the colour scheme the bride wanted. I think nowadays it's different.

Perhaps ask your fiance to downgrade him to guest rather than wedding party. This way your fiance can still have his friend there, but he won't be as involved or in your face as much. There will be less events he's involved in and won't interface with the rest of the bridal party who are "creeped out" by him..
    Originally Posted by Tinydance
    My best friend is a bridesmaid and we both feel very uncomfortable and creeped out by John. But on the other hand my fiance wants him there so it's important to him...?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by RedDress
    Were you referring to my post?

“Wedding party” is a term that refers to all the people standing up in the wedding (bridal party, attendants, etc).

I wasn’t talking about the size of the reception...

Just clarifying because I’m not sure if that was unclear in my post...
    No lol and really no worries -it's not wrong - it's just a very personal minor pet peeve on my part. Sorry for any confusion!!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Perhaps ask your fiance to downgrade him to guest rather than wedding party. This way your fiance can still have his friend there, but he won't be as involved or in your face as much. There will be less events he's involved in and won't interface with the rest of the bridal party who are "creeped out" by him..
    I personally wouldn't do that. It's an honor to be a groomsman and it's offensive to downgrade unless the reason is "we've now decided we are only doing family" - or we've now decided not to have a bridal party, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice