Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyfriend and medical issues

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ShaunaN
    Ive just rang him and suggested if he wants me to go with him to appointments I'd be willing to come. He said "I thought you was going to tell me its over, generally thats what people have been doing when they see me have an attack. I've also had two attacks this evening, I didn't want to worry you."

I don't know how to take it, that he thinks I'd leave him over it or he couldn't tell me. Then on the flip side he says he didn't tell me because he doesnt want to worry me. but I'm worried now.
    For the love of god, please stop overanalyzing everything. It is exhausting. Stop taking things so fast or assume the negative.

If he wants you there, then go and be supportive.

What happened on that date and how did you have to help him? How old is he? How long has he known about this condition?
    Originally Posted by ShaunaN

He has told me about his medical issues with his arms, He has had attacks of pain at work and I know what to do in an emergency. I've had to help on a date we had.

He has a GP doctors appointment, followed by a Hospital consultation and a brain scan coming up.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    What happened on that date and how did you have to help him? How old is he? How long has he known about this condition?
    He is going through diagnosis, He is seeing all sorts of doctors, consultants and Neurosurgeons and such. It has been under investigation for 2 months but the NHS is quite slow.

When we was on the date, we were sat down in starbucks, he started having a seizure and I grabbed hold of him, cuddling him and giving him his spray. When he come round I was reassuring him everythings okay and asking if he needed anything. I was frightened when this happened.

Apologies forgot to add he is 31.

I got a text off a colleague telling me my boyfriend is in hospital after quite a bad attack.

I come back from seeing him and he just held my hand saying thank you for coming.

Going to see your partner after emergency services is quite different than insisting you come with for a scheduled appointment, but I'm glad you were there for him in this situation.

Since you're discussing problems with health, I want to share my story. I've never spoken about it before but I really require outside help now...
    I have problems with my boyfriend. He's a drug addict. I can't say that he has a heavy addiction, but he smokes weed almost every day. Maybe for someone, it's not a problem. But he's been out of work for a couple of years because of this. Also, I suspect that he can sell this stuff. I realized that he needs help. But how to start? How can I explain to him that he mess up my life? I started to look for a professional therapist or rehab center and found a good one on AddictionResource. What can you say? Maybe you could recommend me good rehab centers or doctors? Is it a really good idea send him to clinic or I bother too much? I love him and want to help. But how?

Cut your losses. Only he can decide to quit, you can't "send him" anywhere.. However you need to go to a Nar-Anon type of support group for friends/family of addicts and figure out why you are throwing your life away on this. You are ruining your life, not him.

Also you can start your own thread .
    Originally Posted by AnnyL
    I have problems with my boyfriend. He's a drug addict. Is it a really good idea send him to clinic or I bother too much? I love him and want to help. But how?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice