Just for the text of it

daggydog

It would really help if you would elaborate on what you want. Talking in riddles doesn't help much. What's the story? What's going on?
Sorry was trying to be delicate. So here's the thing in the past having come across girls that want to cyber chat usually want gifts or money to keep telling how good I was when I called them on it. I wasn't so desirable. So was just wondering if there was a middle ground or was I just being a fool. Online relationships are just as real as flesh and blood ones
Was just wondering if there was any middle ground between reality and fantasy in a

Cyber relationship

Not a whole lot.

In real life as opposed to online is hugely different.

People can make believe who they are online and even if they're not faking, it's really difficult to get a true sense of someone with a computer screen in between you two.

I have no doubt you can form a strong friendship but as for a romantic relationship, it's not as easy to get a real idea of how it truly is with it being all online.

Not a whole lot.

In real life as opposed to online is hugely different.

People can make believe who they are online and even if they're not faking, it's really difficult to get a true sense of someone with a computer screen in between you two.

I have no doubt you can form a strong friendship but as for a romantic relationship, it's not as easy to get a real idea of how it truly is with it being all online.

Online these days there is more anticipation, especially over long distances. But then again someone at the end of the street can be a jerk. You just find out sooner.
I think everyone has Daggy, I know I have been.

The one thing I have learnt for certain is, people have a much easier time pretending and faking online. Which is why I don't trust it unless we meet in real life and spend actual time together.

Thank you for understanding. It's not easy admitting when your all alone even if it is all in one's head. I gave up false pretence long ago. Probably why my real life friends list is so low. Only a few see the real me which is clumsy at the best of times.

I, again can relate. But it's my choice. I am polite to all but only trust and keep a few close.

Better quality rather than quantity, right?

I can tell you though, in my experience, finding someone you genuinely connect with in a romantic sense, that checks all the boxes and feels the same way back, is damn hard!

It can take a very long time to find that person.

So don't feel bad if you're having a tough time, many on this forum are.

It can be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Stick with video games. No one wants "cyber relationships" except scammers, catfish and assorted weird people. Stay away from it. Date locally and in real life and use "cyber" for gaming or communities etc.

Was just wondering if there was any middle ground between reality and fantasy in a Cyber relationship

It's fine for gaming, online communities, social media, forums like this, etc. There's a time and place and reason. Romance? No. Too fraught with excess emotional involvement and the possibility of all sorts of predators from scammers to catfish to very sick people, trolls, cyberbullies etc.. No for "romance". And if that's what daddygog is trying to get at here then they'll just close this thread.

"weird people"...lol...I dunno Wiseman, I would say it's more anxious possibly awkward people who don't have the easiest time meeting people in person.
It's fine for gaming, online communities, social media, forums like this, etc. There's a time and place and reason. Romance? No. Too fraught with excess emotional involvement and the possibility of all sorts of predators from scammers to catfish to very sick people, trolls, cyberbullies etc.. No for "romance". And if that's what daddygog is trying to get at here then they'll just close this thread.
It was just a question

Ha ha...with whom? I'm married.

I think it's a legit question.

But I have learnt all these same lessons and I also know of many many people who suffer from social anxiety and don't find it as easy to meet people in person and jump to dating like that.

I agree with many of your points Wiseman, however I think there is more to online dating, for some, then to just assume they are shut ins and weirdos.

But you do have many valid points.

Archived