Am I overthinking?

pippin523

I started liking this guy recently, and I really can’t tell if I’m overthinking or if these actions are something to think about.

This guy (let’s call him Jake) is in my history class, but we really met because of a mutual friend, who is his best friend. They meet before school at the location where I get dropped off, so I typically hang out with them until class starts.

A little bit of context about Jake before we move on—he’s naturally a very nice and sweet guy, from what I’ve heard. We have the same personality type (ENTP), which is the Debater, and we bond a little over that.

So on with the story. My friend (let’s call her Rachel)—the same friend who is his best friend—had started a club with me. When jake sat next to me, he would ask me about how that club was going to start conversations because he knew how awkward I was. Well, I was hanging out with her one day when she told me that he had asked about the club with these exact words: “how’s the club? i used to ask ___ but now that we don’t sit next to each other, i can’t”. She teased me about how his voice sounded a little off, almost shaky, and said that she thought that I intimidated him.

One day, I was creeping up on my friend, as I frequently do, but Jake saw me and I put a finger to my mouth, silently asking him to act normal. He looked away, but smiled and glanced back at me. This part is something I’m really not sure about, since he could have just thought it was funny.

Later on that day, we had a school assembly, and I was coming from the science building. I saw Jake coming from the language building, which is pretty far away from the science building. I thought about waiting for him, but I decided that it would seem weird to wait that long, so I just kept walking. Literally 10 seconds later, he walked up to me and said hello. I was confused, because we were supposed to stay with our classes, but he told me that he got separated. Naturally, I invited him to sit with us. We continued to talk a bit about our class (which came after the assembly) and the assembly. He then found his friends and sat with them. In class later on, i was discussing the assembly with my friends and it seemed like he was listening, even though he sits a few rows away from me, so I talked to him too.

I’m pretty sure none of this really matters and that I’m overthinking because I like him, but what do you guys think? Is this a sign?

It sounds like he likes you also, so just be friendly, smile, say hello, etc and perhaps ask him to go do something together after school. He may be as shy as you are so try to reach out a bit if you like him.

I started liking this guy recently. My friend (let’s call her Rachel)—the same friend who is his best friend—had started a club with me. 10 seconds later, he walked up to me and said hello. I invited him to sit with us. We continued to talk a bit about our class.

Archived