At 28 too late to build friendships based on craziness?

Bubbl12

what if I realized at 28 that I haven't put enough effort in my friendships as I have only 1 real friend who I keep in contact with consistently and we have memories of being stupid together as well? I have 2 more but with them just 1 crazy party. My ex girlfriend had at least 6 friends like this who she developed consistent relationship from her teens and stayed in touch and partied with mostly until the age of 22 but even later. I constantly felt less valuable than her also because of her professional accomplishments - then I put some expectations on her which were too much for her - I wanted her to be more artistically creative - and I know she is able to do anything - she expressed her love towards me more artistically than I did for her - maybe I couldn't truly love her because of some deep frustrations - I wish I could have. I broke up with her and now I am suffering because she is managing her life with confidence - and I am lost and lonely - I moved abroad into a small village where there is not much things to do - I miss my friends and family - I want to recover - I want to build closer friendships with my existing friends and not build new ones - or If I build new ones I want to know that I will have the capacity to maintain them consistently.

At 28 is it to late to strengthen friendships - be crazy together - invite them over to my place? I think I have friends with whom I could do this in Hungary. I am not young and crazy, I have more need for depth and intimacy and maturity - that's why it's so beautiful when friendships are built while people are immature and stupid - they see each other mature and gain more wisdom in life.

28/m

Why did you move there? For work or study? Either way join some groups or clubs that share your interests. At 28 having friends who do crazy antics is sort of outdated. However you can make friends wherever you go if you join the right groups and clubs, take some classes and perhaps volunteer. You can get on some dating apps and start messaging local women to meet for coffee, so you stop worrying about your exgf. You can also stay in touch easily with friends and family through regular communication and video chats.

I moved abroad into a small village where there is not much things to do - I miss my friends and family - I want to build closer friendships with my existing friends and not build new ones - or If I build new ones I want to know that I will have the capacity to maintain them consistently.

I think you have unrealistic expectations about people and friendships. I think you should have friends you do crazy antics with your entire life -not just in teens, 20s, 40s -it's just you might define antics differently later and that's ok. Yes there is value in someone knowing you way back when and there is value to someone meeting you later in a different stage of your life and seeing you grow/evolve then -why would you stop maturing and growing and getting wiser? I think about 10 years ago when I was about to become a mother in my 40s and now - the growth, sometimes one step forward two steps back -and yes I made new friends back in 2008 (not moms, I mean just people). Your view is so limited and it's ironic that you would have such a rigid view and yet want to push your ex girlfriend to be more artistically creative? Doesn't creativity require flexibility and broad perspective?

I agree to get out there and volunteer, meet people in social situations etc as a start (and to shift your attitude if at all possible).

Archived