Is She Really my Friend?

Aerinite

This is going to be a long one, bare with me.

I have this friend (we'll call her Heather). We work together at a resturant, we're both cooks. We've only been friends for like 4 or 5 months.

She's in her early 30s, im at my legal drinking age. At the beginning of our friendship I had thousands in my bank account. Now i barely have $100, granted this is my fault for having a big heart. She has a gambling problem, she continuously asks me for money to put in this machine at a local bar. I say no, once ive had enough but she keeps asking, and i finally cave in.

She use to claim that i was her bestfriend. Would call me crying, vent, ask me to pick her up, i would be at her aid. But when im in the same predicament, calling and crying, she has nothing to say. She'll either say nothing or change the subject.

When were together shes almost always on her phone, ignoring what im saying. I have to literally snap my fingers in her face to get her attention, and sometimes that doesnt even work.

I got her and her 2 kids 1 gift each for christmas. but she didnt get me anything. I dont expect gifts but if you claim that im your bestfriend yoy could show you care. She asks me to go to the store to get her wine, cat food, cat litter, and once she even asked for $200 for rent. And stupid me, did.

She is going through a lot. She has CYS on her, her one kid is a drug addict and is possibly being locked up soon, she cant afford her bills, and to top it off her boyfriend who lives with her doesnt have a job, sits on the couch all day, and they argue constantly. By the way, ive known this dude since i was 10 and he's no good. Cheats on her and everything, hes abused her before too. He hates me, doesnt want her hanging out with me or talking to me.

We use to talk on the phone for hours, she use to call me all the time. Now we barely do that. She always seems bothered by my presence.

I guess my question is, is she using me, does she want ne out of her life, is she annoyed with me, etc?

Should i cut her out of my life?

You have no one to blame but yourself. I can't understand why you would give this woman any money, especially knowing that she has a gambling problem.!

She is not your friend, nor does she respect you.

Close Bank Aerinite. Do not give money to friends .

Stop hanging out with her. You barely even know this woman. Do you not have any friends, is this why you associate with this loser?

No, she is not really your friend.

She uses you for money.

Repeat, she uses you for money.

What do you think would happen if you told her "no"?

Please Google "codependency". Consider attending Codependents Anonymous meetings. You are so fearful of anyone getting "mad" at you that you'll do anything, anything at all to make sure they never do. And that's codependency. Please look it up, then attend meetings.

Archived