Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What made you laugh or smile today?

milly007

Was in the mood to start an upbeat thread that hopefully all of us can feed off of, so please feel free to share and chime-in if you feel so inclined.

One of my most favourite feelings in the world is laughing until my stomach hurts. Have always felt this way and doubt it will ever change.

My mom called today (I talk to her daily) and she was trying to tell me a funny story, but she was laughing so hard I could barely understand anything that she was saying. Needless to say, this made me laugh, and of course I laughed even harder when she told me the story (and once I could actually understand what she was saying).

My mom’s story (which I will not repeat in detail) - Apparently one of my big bro’s did something funny and got my dad and my dad’s friends laughing so hard, a couple of the friends almost fell off their chairs. What’s so great about this bro of mine is that he has no idea how funny he is - no clue, which makes him even more hilarious to me and my family. Anyway, I guess my dad relayed this story to my mom (and my dad could barely tell this story without laughing), at which point my mom then calls to tell me.

It was just this contagious domino-effect of hilarity being passed from one person to the next.

Totally made my day! Laughed so hard and it left me with this great feeling for the rest of the day.

I wish I laughed like this every day. If I could find a way, I would.

Anything make you laugh or smile today?

I was at the gym. I saw a personal trainer with a new client. He told her to perform 10 reps of Barbell Hip Thrust

I assume that the woman hadn't seen this exercise before because when she tried to do it she started laughing. It was pretty obvious what she was thinking haha

I restrained myself from saying " It's not that easy as women think, huh?"

Nothing hilarious but it made me smile :)

Love this thread! Today my daughter made me smile (like she does almost every day). She’ll be 2 in April btw. Today she stole my shoe and said “that’s my shoe!” And I told her, no that’s actually mommy’s shoe. She then said “you’re my mommy”. I guess she has a point haha. Another recent one is combining words for efficiency. When she wants her dad and me she’ll just say dadma instead of mama and daddy. More milk is simply mork ;)

Love this thread! Today my daughter made me smile (like she does almost every day). She’ll be 2 in April btw. Today she stole my shoe and said “that’s my shoe!” And I told her, no that’s actually mommy’s shoe. She then said “you’re my mommy”. I guess she has a point haha. Another recent one is combining words for efficiency. When she wants her dad and me she’ll just say dadma instead of mama and daddy. More milk is simply mork ;)

Ha! Smart daughter. She owns your shoes by association. Lol

Also, when I finished reading your post, I found myself mixing words together.

So instead of 'more coffee', it's "moffee"! Works for me. Lol

• 2 months later...
Was in the mood to start an upbeat thread that hopefully all of us can feed off of, so please feel free to share and chime-in if you feel so inclined.

One of my most favourite feelings in the world is laughing until my stomach hurts. Have always felt this way and doubt it will ever change.

My mom called today (I talk to her daily) and she was trying to tell me a funny story, but she was laughing so hard I could barely understand anything that she was saying. Needless to say, this made me laugh, and of course I laughed even harder when she told me the story (and once I could actually understand what she was saying).

My mom’s story (which I will not repeat in detail) - Apparently one of my big bro’s did something funny and got my dad and my dad’s friends laughing so hard, a couple of the friends almost fell off their chairs. What’s so great about this bro of mine is that he has no idea how funny he is - no clue, which makes him even more hilarious to me and my family. Anyway, I guess my dad relayed this story to my mom (and my dad could barely tell this story without laughing), at which point my mom then calls to tell me.

It was just this contagious domino-effect of hilarity being passed from one person to the next.

Totally made my day! Laughed so hard and it left me with this great feeling for the rest of the day.

I wish I laughed like this every day. If I could find a way, I would.

Anything make you laugh or smile today?

I had an experience like that. Contagious, paralyzing laughter. It started one night when I dropped a plate of meatloaf on the floor, repeatedly. I broke the plate every time. I kept cleaning up these broken plates and washing the meatloaf off only to drop a new plate with the meatloaf.

I know you shouldn't wash meatloaf that has fallen off the floor and put it back in the fridge. I know you should throw it out. But I was at my friends' house and it was late at night, and it was a whole meatloaf that they'd just made. I didn't want to throw the whole thing in the garbage and then they'd wake up like, wt*. I'd already broken like three of their plates.

Not long after that, I was at school and my classmate/friend was trying to build a shelf at his desk. He was struggling to brace it properly. Finally, it seemed like he secured it firmly, and he stepped back. A moment later, the whole thing came crashing down with this amazing sound.

I walked over to survey the damage. In sympathy, I told him about my struggle with the meatloaf. As I told the story, we both started laughing uncontrollably and pretty soon it was hard to even speak.

Not long after that, he and I went to get lunch with a third friend. We related our recent disaster stories to this third friend, and pretty soon the three of us were crying with laughter.

It was so great.

Archived