5 weeks no contact. Feeling okay.

Hi, just a post about how I’ve been feeling since the last time I posted 3 weeks ago. I dated my ex gf for 3 years, she broke up with me for a lot of reasons most explained in previous posts 3 months ago.

She started dating a new guy right after and it really made me feel angry and upset. Here recently in the last two weeks I’ve made a lot of emotional progress in being able to live and function normally. Positive thinking and meditation have helped immensely. I’ve always been a pessimistic, unconfident person and I think it made me very childish and controlling in my relationship with her.

I loved her a lot and now I think I don’t love her anymore I still miss her. I cried for the first time in a while today just the thought of her being with another guy and stuff got to me. Lately I’ve been focusing on myself and talking to anyone and everyone to become more confident. I’ve learned I need to accept who I am on the inside which is goofy and funny.

For so long I was that quiet odd guy who was afraid to talk. I’ve been doing my best to try and change that. I’ve been noticing girls more lately and I’ve sorta been wanting to get back out there. Just I still think of my ex and I wish I could have seen all these things I’ve learned before she left. I know there’s more girls out there and I hope in time I can let go.

Going to Europe in two months solo!! Gonna rent a car and travel accross Europe for two weeks! I wish my ex could’ve came. I know she couldn’t afford it tho if we where together. I’m becoming a better happier person I hope I can find happier and better in the future.

Thx just typing a rant.

Good for you.

And as time goes on you will see more gifts that going through a break up often gives us in return.

I admire your introspection and willingness to look at your part that contributed to the ending.

In the end you will find someone better suited for you.

In the meantime focus on your continued growth and look at this a new opportunity.

Enjoy your trip and enjoy the journey! You are likely to return a different person.

Good hearing from you, brother.

You're digging deep, asking all the right questions, while also making sure to do you, stay light, stay curious. Where you got that internal compass at your age I've got no clue, but it's cool it see.

Europe! Alone! Dude, my whole life is basically those trips, with no shortage of them coming in the wake of love lost, and they've been transformative. Breathe it all in, let it wash over over you and through you.

Man I look forward to reading your responses. The advice and wisdom you give me is top notch. I hope I can have an outlook on life like yours. Much respect from a dude who really needed it.

I just want to be free man. Like I just want to live and give love to the world. I just hope I’ll get over this relationship and move on. Sometimes all I can think about is missing that girl.

I just want freedom.

Archived