I feel like life is pointless without my S/O

NX17

Every day feels like it drags on forever. I don't enjoy doing mostly anything anymore, and I don't like 95% of the people I'm ever around. I feel unwanted and unwelcome pretty much everywhere, and I don't feel like there's a point to anything. The only thing that really makes me feel like life is worth living is my S/O, which I don't think is good. I've told her about this and she was understandably a little scared, because of how dependent I am on her to feel alive. I'm very scared of losing her because of this, and I still feel bad about life and all that. Is there something wrong with me? What am I supposed to do?

You shouldn't have told her that. It's an unnecessary burden and strain on her. It looks like emotional manipulation.

I think you should try therapy or really go deep on why you feel so bad about your life besides her and what's really missing.

Make an appointment with a doctor for an evaluation and a referral to a therapist. You can't become an emotional vampire because you are not taking care of yourself and your emotional health. That is your responsibility, not hers. In fact if you suffocate her with this, you'll lose her too.

E The only thing that really makes me feel like life is worth living is my S/O, which I don't think is good. I've told her about this and she was understandably a little scared, because of how dependent I am on her to feel alive.

Archived