At a breaking point.. Due next month.. Advice?

Kysmommy

Need some non biased opinions on this.

Well it's ongoing issues but this just went down like 20 mins ago. My fiancé has been off work for awhile and has a habit of staying up all night playing video games then sleeps in til noon or takes naps at weird times. He thinks bc he does still get things done like dinner or chores it's ok. Its a pet peeve for me bc unless you're working a night shift or an intense labor job I think he should be up at the same hours as him and our 11 month old. Not unreasonable Imo if it was a nap here and there fine but it's like everyday and then he won't get up willingly whereas I get up with our son and go with our sons schedule oh and I'm due in a few weeks with another baby.

So today our son has been up from his nap since 3pm its now 5pm and I wake him. He gets agitated. Things escalate nastily bc I say I dont like it and wish he would. Follow a normal schedule. He calls me names, liar etc. Yells and rants while I ignore him. Insults my parenting. Won't stop going on and on in an aggressive loud tone while our child is there. It became downright mean and I was in tears and he still continues how I'm not a good mom, I'm. This I'm that. Y'all I NEVER insulted him just simply said ion like his schedule of being up all night playing video games.. Ok I called him a loser but I feel a normal man would shrug it off not go off on his 8 month pregnant partner while his kid is also there.

This is just to add to a pile of things that went on.. I just got back from being at my parents for 10 days with our son. Before that we got. Into another fight and I dug my nails into His arm so he'd be quiet (yes I know it's horrid) and he starts kicking me and dragged me out. Of. The room. By my. Hair... No our child didn't see.

So things have been nasty for awhile. I feel he critiques my parenting and puts me. On edge and it does affect how I am. As a mom. I was happier being at my parents for that week and a half. No yelling.

I feel like I want to. Get my. Own place but I'm worried with a young toddler and baby to be... And I've also had to loan him thousands of dollars to take care of a legal matter. Which I thought would be best for us as a family to do and resolve but of course I regret in these moments. So I have money but not as much as I need or should to hold down bills and two babies.

I just am at a loss. I know the situation is terrible for the kids and it hurts me knowing I am bringing them into an unstable environment. I feel it's just escalated so much since later in my pregnancy bc of hormones and stress. And we are currently staying with his mom while we were waiting to move so I feel kinda stuck. She can hear all that goes on... Is the type who will side with her son which is understandable but alienates me.... I just don't know what to do.. I don't want my son seeing all this BS. and I have a feeling he are beyond repair. I have turned the other cheek so many times but the hurtful abuse and physical incidents while I am heavily pregnant is just showing me he truly does not care.

Please any opinions or advice. I know it's unfair to our kids and it's toxic please don't be too harsh I'm going through a lot already and want The best for them.

I know the situation is terrible for the kids and it hurts me knowing I am bringing them into an unstable environment.

I don't want my son seeing all this BS. and I have a feeling he are beyond repair. I have turned the other cheek so many times but the hurtful abuse and physical incidents while I am heavily pregnant is just showing me he truly does not care.

I know it's unfair to our kids and it's toxic ..... want The best for them.

Please, please re-read your words above. Really absorb it all.

By staying with this very abusive and toxic jerk, YOU are damaging your children. They absorb all of what it going on around them. They miss NOTHING. Please please do the right thing FOR YOUR CHILDREN.

Go back to your parents for your own sanity, safety, and most of all to get the children out of a very toxic, abusive and dysfunctional environment. At least you DO have a safe place to go to - many women don't. You owe it to your children to do the right thing - you're their mother and responsible for their wellbeing.

Whatever you do, do NOT go ahead and marry this abusive jerk. That would be extremely irresponsible, especially after knowing exactly what he's all about.

You mention several times you want what's best for your children. If you really mean it, then it should be easy enough to follow through. I'm sorry you're hurting, but please get out of this toxic environment - get your parents/family/friends to help you.

You do know that your unborn child could hear from the second trimester, right? So he or she, along with the little one already born, is being horribly damaged.

You have family you can stay with, so you're not helpless.

So ask yourself...what is more important, hanging onto this man or the health and well-being of your children?

Acting "confused" or "unsure" does nothing to help your children, BTW.

And so you know, I am the product of witnessing my parents argue and physically fight. I ended up a mess.

Don't do this to your children.

Thanks everybody. I guess I am aware I just feel very bad not because of our romantic relationship. Just because even though he is disrespectful and behaves horribly to me at times.. He is an amazing dad to our son. He goes above and beyond for him.. So even tho I do hate him. And think I deserve better for myself. I guess it hurts. I have to walk away so our kids don't grow up seeing us fight cos we clearly can't get along. But it also means they don't get to see their dad as often and have seperate households.

That's been his whole thing when I've proposed to leave he gets upset and brings up how his dad wasn't around and he wants us to be a family so yes it is hard emotionally even tho I have been contemplating moving back to my home town for Awhile Now. But I have never felt so guilty as when he starts up and our son is in the room... And he says he is taking. In a normal. Voice but at the end of the day it is loud aggressive booming voice and I know our LO senses the tension and that I am hurting. I don't want him having issues or being upset as a child.

Have separate households is MUCH better then having your mother abused and disrespected. I’m sure you don’t want your sons learning to disrespect and abuse women and having your daughters ( should you have them )think that this is OK . My brother also grew up and ended up in two abusive relationships, abusive to him that is . Don’t do this to your kids living in separate household is nothing compared to that crap .

Well, if he's so concerned with being "around", maybe he should stop acting like a lazy abusive d-bag.

And no, he is NOT an "amazing dad". You've described an angry, selfish, lazy layabout who verbally and physically abuses you. And you've given him physical abuse as well (and no, I don't agree that you are required to react with physical violence even if you think you were provoked). If that is amazing I wonder what a bad dad looks like.

Trust me, two peaceful households are way better than your children being raised in a war zone.

What a horrible environment for your children. Why are you exposing and bringing kids into this mess?

Why have you stayed with this abusive loser? How do you support your children, if this parasite is not working? Plus, he is emotionally and physically abusive. I do not understand how you can do this to your kids!

Move to your parents.

This all seems way too far gone, but I have to ask. . .have you two ever considered couples therapy?

I only ask because there are two children involved here. Though the odds seem to be working against you, him being unemployed, can't provide a home for his family, not sure what the legal issue you had to pay for is?, his man/boy lifestyle and berating you. . .but having at least tried therapy you can walk away knowing you tried everything for the kids.

No, you may not have much money, but the courts will see he works and supports you and the children financially. In the end if he is a dead beat dad, at least you know and won't look back wondering if you made a mistake. He can be dead beat dad all on his own without dragging you further down than you currently are.

I say, go back to your parents.

Holly.... Excuse me woman my children are taken care of fine. I live in a country where I get mat leave for 18 months so I am still getting partial wages and have a decent savings. And as I stated in my post the fights have only started the last couple months and he has only been unemployed for the last two months.

I don't care if you want to judge my relationship, my post etc but do not come at me about my parenting on things you don't even know about. Clearly if he was abusive for years we wouldn't have made these two kids period. It's an issue that is new to our relationship and could quite literally happen to any relationship.

Reinventmyself... We haven't gone to therapy.. These issues have only arose in the past few months :/ I told my mother yesterday what went on and of course welcomes me to stay awhile if I want but is also suggesting counselling.

I say he is an excellent dad as he does a ton for our son.. He does majority of housework, preps his meals, worries about his wellbeing to the point it even annoys me. And yes he lost his job and took a 2 hour nap during the day these things agitate me. And could be a deal breaker to our romantic relationship. However I won't deny he does do a ton for our child and treats him like gold. Spends time with him. Gives him his bath Evey night, etc. So while there are behaviors he does that are deal breakers I know he is a good parent. I would never try to prevent our kids from being around him.. I just think him and I are a toxic combo at the moment as neither of us will back down..both sleep. Deprived and irritable.. I have anger and he reacts even worst..i don't know if anything will get better but I do know that I've already premeditated leaving and my family is aware what is going on and fully. Supports my choice

Holly.... Excuse me woman my children are taken care of fine. I live in a country where I get mat leave for 18 months so I am still getting partial wages and have a decent savings. And as I stated in my post the fights have only started the last couple months and he has only been unemployed for the last two months.

I don't care if you want to judge my relationship, my post etc but do not come at me about my parenting on things you don't even know about. Clearly if he was abusive for years we wouldn't have made these two kids period. It's an issue that is new to our relationship and could quite literally happen to any relationship.

Exposing your children to this abusive loser is child abuse. That bit is on both of you. It has been two long months and he plays video games all night and sleeps throughput the day. Plus, you are living off of his parents. Why aren't you living on your own? You should be responsible adults.

You wrote this in your original post:

"So today our son has been up from his nap since 3pm its now 5pm and I wake him. He gets agitated. Things escalate nastily bc I say I dont like it and wish he would. Follow a normal schedule. He calls me names, liar etc. Yells and rants while I ignore him. Insults my parenting. Won't stop going on and on in an aggressive loud tone while our child is there. It became downright mean and I was in tears and he still continues how I'm not a good mom, I'm. This I'm that. Y'all I NEVER insulted him just simply said ion like his schedule of being up all night playing video games.. Ok I called him a loser but I feel a normal man would shrug it off not go off on his 8 month pregnant partner while his kid is also there.

This is just to add to a pile of things that went on.. I just got back from being at my parents for 10 days with our son. Before that we got. Into another fight and I dug my nails into His arm so he'd be quiet (yes I know it's horrid) and he starts kicking me and dragged me out. Of. The room. By my. Hair... No our child didn't see.

So things have been nasty for awhile."

Now you're defending him calling him an "amazing dad" and minimizing the abuse.

Do you WANT to stay in this toxic, harmful environment?

You wrote this in your original post:

"So today our son has been up from his nap since 3pm its now 5pm and I wake him. He gets agitated. Things escalate nastily bc I say I dont like it and wish he would. Follow a normal schedule. He calls me names, liar etc. Yells and rants while I ignore him. Insults my parenting. Won't stop going on and on in an aggressive loud tone while our child is there. It became downright mean and I was in tears and he still continues how I'm not a good mom, I'm. This I'm that. Y'all I NEVER insulted him just simply said ion like his schedule of being up all night playing video games.. Ok I called him a loser but I feel a normal man would shrug it off not go off on his 8 month pregnant partner while his kid is also there.

So things have been nasty for awhile."

Now you're defending him calling him an "amazing dad" and minimizing the abuse.

Do you WANT to stay in this toxic, harmful environment?

Unbelievable that the kids are subjected to this!

I'm sorry but it really rubs me the wrong way when people jump on the internet and make outlandish inferences. We are staying with his mother paying BILLS. Basically renting from her as she has a large place and we just made the move a couple months back and are not going to be here long term. Even if we did want to live here we pay her quite a bit as well as buy groceries, house essentials and all our needs and our kids needs. Thanks though :)

I am a fantastic mother, university educated, my son is so loved and spoiled by both sides of our family and he is a happy little fella. Yes our relationship as of late has a dark side. My son witnessed one argument and I will MakeIt clean yes it was aggressive and words were thrown nobody was acting like a lunatic. Nobody was screaming.. Am I proud it happened, no... But it is not child abuse. Lol.

We have a 7 year long relationship and he has been pretty amazing up until this point. He has doted on our son and did more than all my friends husbands since day 1 so for me to say I feel bad as he is a great dad and does have a good character isn't making excuses. When you know someone for years and then something flips (and it's only been a few incidents like I state) it's not cut and dry. For the kids sake yes we are going to do counselling and if we ever get to this point again will be splitting. But it's absolute nuts The way you women jump in and want to speak harsh and bitter words. You don't truly care about your cause you just enjoy sitting on a pedastel over the internet commenting on people's lives. It's actually quite sad. I see a lot of dumb shxxt over The internet and folks who can't wake up and smell the flowers and I get it. But there is a way to be civil. You just made very silly assumptions when in reality we are a regular couple who hit a rough patch and our kid is well taken care of.

But it's absolute nuts The way you women jump in and want to speak harsh and bitter words. You don't truly care about your cause you just enjoy sitting on a pedastel over the internet commenting on people's lives. It's actually quite sad. I see a lot of dumb shxxt over The internet and folks who can't wake up and smell the flowers and I get it. But there is a way to be civil. You just made very silly assumptions when in reality we are a regular couple who hit a rough patch and our kid is well taken care of.

With all due respect OP, I find the above totally uncalled for and to the point of insulting. People here have gone out of their way to give you constructive advice ... which YOU asked for. No-one here made any silly assumptions. In fact, every single person was purely going on what YOU posted. YOUR words. It is easy enough to go back to your original post and re-read your own words. There are no assumptions being made by anyone. Dare I say, if anyone here "can't wake up and smell the flowers and get it", it is none other than you.

If this is what you see as a regular relationship, then I feel very bad for you. One can't help but feel bad for the innocent children in the middle of all of this. This is all in your hands as the responsible adult. Do the right thing.

Archived