Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: It is so easy for him to hit me, but leaving him isn't so simple.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    He knows where you go to school now so he'll be there stalking you, or worse (likely) if you leave but stay living in the same city and going to the same school so Please call your parents or other trusted family and get yourself and the dog away from him. He knows how much the dog means to you so cooper may very well be his next physical abuse victim just so he can shove it to you good.

I'm not sure if women's shelters will take in your dog as well as you but you owe it to yourself and Cooper to at least phone a hotline in your area and get professional advice on how to get yourself out of this situation and keep you and your dog alive in the process.

It was chilling reading how you talk as if this is just a normal thing for you and that you have all these reasons why you put up with it.
    I'm going to include a link that will introduce you to people that can help you and hopefully get you the therapy you need to help you understand that you run away the first time a man slaps you, that you forget all the great sex, the fun times prior to that slap, the fake support and anything else you found addictive and you RUN.

Please call the number but do it from school and clear your phone or use a landline there.

[Register to see the link]

Please, stop thinking of reasons you should stay and instead be active in thinking of ways to leave and get the psychological support you need to overcome what he's done to you.

(( ))
    The women's shelter did not offer for me to stay at a shelter, but offered to help me find housing. That could have been with a roommate in a private apartment or they were willing to network for women who had means (a paycheck), but just could not find a place that was safe from their abuser (a place that they knew where to find them etc.) Luckily, i was able to stay with family but even if you don't stay in the shelter - take them up on counseling and support groups.

Rose, have you decided what you're going to do? Would really be nice to have an update from you.

Originally Posted by Capricorn3
    Rose, have you decided what you're going to do? Would really be nice to have an update from you.
    Yes, please let us know what is happening with you, Rose.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Rosex25
    \ I was definitely spiteful and immature in the beginning, which I think definitely sparked his abusive behaviors.
    PLEASE look up Gaslighting. You never deserve to be physically (or mentally) abused by anyone. EVER :)

So because you get along “sometimes”, he can fix your Jeep for free, have a dog together, both on lease and own things together In your home, you are going to risk your well being and life over these materialistic things?

Screw the place, pay for keep maintenance yourself or sell and get something easier to fix or more reliable, things in home are replaceable and the dog...well he clearly doesn’t give a crap about the dog if he’s abusing him too.

Everything you named can be replaced. Your life can’t be replaced though!!!

You need to leave before it’s too late.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice