I need help.... What do I do???

DanCaruso

I am 30 years old, and she is 42 years old.

I need some advice on what to do about my current situation. Me and my ex fiance split up but i still currently live there. A little backstory on why we broke up, is during our relationship, we both hit rock bottom, and there was a point where neither one of us was happy. We were both super distant with each other, i was sleeping on the couch, and we pretty much barely existed to each other.We got to a point where she broke up with me. One day she accused me of installing something on her phone so i could track her, which i did not, and that didnt sit will with me. Our phone company happened to have a built in function to read text messages online so i did. I believed as defensive and as accusatory as she got about that, when i never gave any indication of doing so, that she was hiding something. I was right. I found out by text messages that for around two months, she had been having an affair (non sexual, only emotional) with her high school sweetheart whom she never fully got over. This man lives 6 hours away so he is not local. Instead of packing my things and leaving right then and there, when i went to confront her about it, instead of being angry like i had been up until then, when i looked into her eyes, all i wanted to do was hug her and figure out how to fix it. We talked about it and i stayed living there. This was a couple weeks before christmas. She still continued to talk to the other man. Her explination was she could never give her heart to me 100% until she sees what happens between the two of them. Since high school they have not ever given a relationship a try, for various reasons, but now they were both single and she says she has to go down that road or it will be a huge what if for the rest of her life. My mindset was if i am the better man, if i treat her how she deserves, and how i did when we fell in love, i will win her back and she will forget about him. For the most part she was with me and we acted a lot as if we were still in a relationship. We still had sex, i still paid the bills at home (i work and she doesnt), i still picked her daughter up from school, but she still texted him and called him. He came into town over new years, and she left me at home to spend a week with him. She slept with him. I was heartbroken the entire time. When he left she returned home to me. Since then we have continued to live together and still act as if we are in a relationship, and she still talks to him. The agreement we had was that i was to be moved out by the end of this month. Even though we have been happy and in a title-less relationship, she still believes its important to move out so she can see if she misses me, and give herself time to work on herself and spend time with her daughter. I believe that making me leave will only drive us apart further and if she really loved me, she would fight for me and try to make it work instead of make me leave. I'm torn on what to do. Do i leave and move on? Do i believe her and try to make it work after i move out? Is she wrong for wanting me to still go even though she says she loves me and wants to work on it?

Leave and move on. Do not put up with this at all.

You're plan B to her.

Nobody is better than being that!

You can make a fresh start without this awful behavior.

Let her run her own life.

You pay the bills while she plays house and screws an old boyfriend?

No, nothing there for you. No not marry this woman, do not sleep with her, do not pay her bills.

Move on!

Wow. I can't even deal with this right now. I can't believe her nerve.

You are paying her bills and taking care of her daughter while she's running around with some other guy? And to top it all off, you're just nodding your head and saying "sure ok hon" ?

I see that you love her, but you are being a doormat. Seriously. I'm so sorry, but she doesn't respect or love you.

You deserve better. I also vote for moving on. I know it won't be easy, but it will be worth it in the end. Don't you want to see what it's like to be in a mature, committed relationship without someone stepping all over you?

The moment she said "I want to see if anything happens between this other guy and me" I would have told her that she can do whatever she wants because I am kicking her butt out.

Sorry to hear this is happening. How long have you been dating/living together. Unfortunately, she's cheating and that's not worth it. Also she's given you 1 mos. notice. Stop negotiating with her and focus on finding a place. Settle all your financial affairs.

i still paid the bills at home (i work and she doesnt), she left me at home to spend a week with him. She slept with him. The agreement we had was that i was to be moved out by the end of this month. Do i leave and move on? Do i believe her and try to make it work after i move out? Is she wrong for wanting me to still go even though she says she loves me and wants to work on it?

You need to move on, dude! You have to locate your self respect. Stop being such a doormat!

She wants to be with someone else. She has never felt about you, the way she feels about him. She does not love you.

Move out! She has disrespected you enough. Stop paying her bills, too!

How does she support herself?

You are young. Stop wasting your life on this woman!

Archived