Looking to move back home

I'm looking to move back home in April. I hate my job and where I live. The company I work for started out great. There were enough people to cover everything and everyone got along for the most part. Now for every 1 person that gets hired 3 leave. I'm in and early learning education center. The people I work with now have this awful mean girl pack mentality. I keep putting off the time I leave for work later and later. I am getting an I-don't-care attitude there with all the drama.

Now as to where I live. It started out as a lot of more quiet professional types. It now is more of a kind of party place. Some of neighbors now make me nervous to stay there, but I'm stuck in the lease til April.

I am really homesick. I miss my family and the community in which I grew up. The community where everyone bands together to help each other. I am having trouble finding any work for which I am qualified. I just want to move home in April job or no job but I have a feeling my parents aren't down for that. I could probably stay with them but they want me to have a job.

I don't know how much of my current job or city I can take. Have any of you all moved back home voluntarily without having a job lined up?

Hi there. I have been in the same place that you are now. The job starts out great then it slowly gets worse as the days go on. Have you considered looking for a job in your hometown while you are still working? It's always easier to find a job while you still have one. Have you thought that if you quit your job and move back home it may be a very long time before you find another job? You want to make sure you are not in that position or maybe work out something with your parents if you move without a job already lined up. I changed jobs but made sure I had another one before I quit. Have you considered getting a job that may not be in your field that would allow you to move home with a job? There is still hope for your future. Don't give up. Maybe start thinking about a change and that will give you hope until you are able to move. Wishing you the best.

Tune up your resume and LinkedIn profile. Start getting active there and seeing what's in your desired geographical area and career field. Talk to your parents. See if they can let you stay until you find a place. Start browsing the housing market there.

Keep an open mind about house-shares, apt types, etc. Make compromises with your parents and with a new job and with housing options.

Use an organized planned approach. Just knowing you have a viable exit plan will make you feel better. But don't jump from the frying pan to the fire in an emotional panic.

I'm looking into jobs and all. I have applied to some but they have been taken. I'm thinking I could do some odd jobs here and there.

I can't move before April since I have a lease to finish. As for the complex I'm staying at it is getting to be more of a party atmosphere and other tenents have said something to the office but nothing was done.

I have told friends back home that I'm looking for one closer to home. I am willing for the job to be around 2.5 hours away from home.

I haven't been just waiting around. I'm thinking of going to an employment agency to see how they could help me.

So many people in my company relocated for a promotion or opportunity because they were tired of their home towns. And so many of them ended up going back home in six months because they were homesick!

I find it interesting. They are bored with their home towns, say there's nothing to do, they want to see the country, etc. and then end up waxing poetic about how wonderful things are at home.

I think it would be an interesting sociological study...why people don't like their home towns until they are away from them, then they suddenly become paradise.

I moved back to my home town, then ran screaming back to where I'd originally moved away to. I had been so busy feeling lonely and waxing nostalgic that I forgot how much I really disliked it there!

As long as you are not looking for a geographical solution to any personal issues, if you truly love your home town then I don't see any problem. It sounds like you'll have family support.

I would suggest working with a recruiter who has access to and can zero in on jobs in your field. It could cut down on your job search time considerably.

Archived