Letting go of anger and resentment

This is possibly the most difficult part to let go and focus on the road ahead... Besides gym what other options you recommend to disperse anger and resentment?

Side note, my "project car" unfortunately broke down and I can only fix it month end :-( so I asked my ex wife to fetch our daughter as my vehicle is broken, yeah so she rocks up with her "toilet" manager bf, dude just looked me and I gave him a dirty look, never felt so much rage build up in a few seconds! I greeted my daughter and went inside to get done for gym....

Luckily I went to gym to blow off steam otherwise it could have turned out ugly, my mom asked if I'm okay before I went I said I dont know... It's a new year, yet that anger still lingers inside....

This is possibly the most difficult part to let go and focus on the road ahead... Besides gym what other options you recommend to disperse anger and resentment?

Side note, my "project car" unfortunately broke down and I can only fix it month end :-( so I asked my ex wife to fetch our daughter as my vehicle is broken, yeah so she rocks up with her "toilet" manager bf, dude just looked me and I gave him a dirty look, never felt so much rage build up in a few seconds! I greeted my daughter and went inside to get done for gym....

Luckily I went to gym to blow off steam otherwise it could have turned out ugly, my mom asked if I'm okay before I went I said I dont know... It's a new year, yet that anger still lingers inside....

Weight lifting is good for blowing off some steam but I suggest running. It always helps me when I am angry. Just go to a park and run until your legs start shaking. It works for me.

Have you thought about therapy?

Look at the verbiage used here. It’s used on pretty much every post and those who dare to point it out you snap at us too, you are a ball of rage. Was it the chicken or egg were you this angry before? Your original post leads me to think you were.

I think your ego is tightly intertwined in all this, given the circumstance it’s understandable but I think it’s going to be an uphill challenge to unbox all these complex feelings on your own.

It does eventually go on its own , so that is one mantra you can tell yourself which will calm you down * this will eventually go * . I know people who hang onto stuff for a long time and people who have the gift of ...letting it all go ..haha I envy that because I too can wind myself up about things .

I am sure you will get wonderful advice , mine is to allow yourself to feel ..but ...to keep reminding yourself it will pass ...and it does !

I get good energy and positive thoughts when I re read * the secret* or * laws of the universe * * cosmic ordering * ...I have always been able to re charge myself this way .

I second FiO on the therapy suggestion.

What my narrow experience of life has taught me is that some people find comfort in rage, others do not. For those that do, it's a twisted, brittle, toxic form of comfort, and I can't help but feel that might sound familiar to you.

Anyhow, anger and resentment are ultimately just coping mechanisms, no different than going to the gym or getting drunk. Some are simply healthier than others. If you learn a bit why you might be prone to holding onto anger—because, believe me, there are other ways—you may find yourself understanding how to let it go.

It does eventually go on its own , so that is one mantra you can tell yourself which will calm you down * this will eventually go * . I know people who hang onto stuff for a long time and people who have the gift of ...letting it all go ..haha I envy that because I too can wind myself up about things .

I am sure you will get wonderful advice , mine is to allow yourself to feel ..but ...to keep reminding yourself it will pass ...and it does !

I get good energy and positive thoughts when I re read * the secret* or * laws of the universe * * cosmic ordering * ...I have always been able to re charge myself this way .

Agree with pippy 100% and in addition to the books she recommended, I recommend "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success," that little book (literally it's a short read but so powerful) changed my life!

Thank you so much for responses, I'm sure my anger and resentment is because I'm jealous of her having the life I always wanted to have :-(, any ways will look into reading that book!

You always wanted to cheat on your spouse and blow up your marriage with a "toilet" manager dude that your family doesn't like? Sounds awesome!

It might look rosy on the surface, but think about the path she's actually chosen for herself. It's not as great as you think.

Archived