LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Partner wonít pick me up anymore

Platinum Member
    OP, can you clarify what's troubling you exactly?

Is it simply the fact he won't pick you up anymore, or is it because he picked you up for three years, and then decided he didn't want to anymore?

And you're interpreting that to mean he doesn't care anymore?

If so, while I do agree with others that you need to learn to be more self sufficient, I also understand your feelings too.

For three years he happily (or so it would seem) picked you up, to assure you're safe, but then stopped.

My advice is to talk to him about it and ask him why he stopped. We could all speculate until h freezes over but bottom line is only he knows his reasons.

It's amazing the things you can discover about each other when you communicate, and how that can increase emotional intimacy and strengthen your relationship.

I highly recommend it! No accusations, no drama, just a conversation about what concerns you and why.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 01-15-2019 at 10:09 AM.

It might be that he decided this made so sense any more nor was doable for him anymore (needing to rest, work next day, wising up and not treating her like a child), but I do agree with you that communication is key and she could simply ask him, but as you say without drama and without the tone of entitlement the thread seemed to have. And much less mentioning the ex boyfriends that used to pick her up.

Life is much easier when we consider challenges as a set of naked facts. Forget right/wrong, affection/lack of ~. Just the facts:

Hey Boo, I have been so spoiled by your driving back and forth. I have been much too slow to pick up the driving on my end. Thank you for carrying me this far.

I am assuming the change in habit is simply because its past time I share some of that responsibility. If there is anything more that I need to know, please tell me.

How about I drive over in an hour or so?

Gold Member
    Is this an issue? Sounds like you have a pretty good life if you go out all the time and this is your biggest issue.

How do all of the single people in the world get themselves home after a night out?

Try that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice