I am so stressed out, have no one to talk to

I am worried and stressed that my sister is going to pull her kids from the school that we all attended to. Something strange is going on which includes myself.happened in the lunch room I would say hi to this volunteer parent , and one time I saw them unstacking chairs so I thought I would help them cause I felt bad. Anyway this woman has felt uncomfortable around me I think to the point where she has a posse of people that literally watch me and stare at me, mind you.. ( they moved the lunches closer to our tables) which has been recent thing. today the kids in my class who are little ..mind you were taking to each other. One little girl said at lunch there were “ shadows in the window and it looked scary” and another kid chimned in “yah that was scary” yah “I hope it never happens again” kid said ..I said huh oh “oh yah I saw them too just trying to agree with them”.Then my co teacher said ohh nooo that was awhile ago. Then she ran over to her phone and started texting.. than felt really uncomfortable and anxious, I am so depressed my thoughts are consuming me.. pls tell me your thoughts on this idk what to do.. I really just want to leave but I’ll seem like a coward.. thanks for reading this! I can’t tell my Family/mom.. it would put her in heart failure..

Ok, I have done a little background check to get more sense out of all of this, and going by a past post as follows:

I feel like I suffered from anxiety all my life. I can’t figure out why, . I feel like it started when my grandmother got a slight stroke. Recently at work something seemed to have happened. I felt intimadated by this person and I think my anxiety showed through. She seems uncomfortable around me, and Idk why but I get just anxious.. I don’t understand I feel like co-workers noticed and are acting different. Or maybe I just think they are..I just don’t think I can work there anymore, what do I do?. I work in a school environment and I just want to leave.. I’ve pushed myself to stay there for a long time because I felt safe there. I feel as though as I am an introvert and shy/anxious and it takes a lot for me to talk to people. The problem I’m having is leaving because my nephew goes there and my niece. I haven’t told my family but want to.. I am at a loss.. should I go on medication would that help?!?

OP, sounds like you need to see a doctor for a referral to a therapist to help with this anxiety issue and yes, medication will help.

As to the issue of leaving and not telling your family etc - I honestly don't see what the problem is. Just because your nephew and niece go to the same school doesn't mean that YOU have to stay on. I'm not even sure what that has got to do with you leaving in the first place.

Ok thanks I will, sorry to bother you

OP, you're not a bother at all. We're just looking for clarification so as to be able to give you more constructive advice. It's difficult to give advice when we don't understand what's going on.

Please carry on posting. Explain what the issue is and people will try to help.

You're not bothering at all, we're here to help each other.

It's just that we didn't understand the issue very well. What has your family, niece and nephew have to do with you working at that school? I think those are independent matters and your work life has nothing to do do with them.

I think this connection and worry about leaving work where your nephew and niece attend might be in part caused by your anxiety issues. As you asked on another thread yes, you should seek professional health. If anxiety is affecting your life so negatively, you don't have to suffer alone and carry this all by yourself. And doctor and a therapy might help you deal with the anxiety and make it less creepling and also keep it from affecting your judgement.

Feel free to write more. Good luck!

I think I have deciphered your thread based on what Capricorn posted... you are worried that a volunteer parent is watching you and staring at you and recruiting a posse of people to do the same, you feel it might be related to the fact that you agreed with the kids seeing a shadow at the window which they talked about as though it was a recent event and when the teacher said it actually happened awhile ago and ran over to her phone to start texting you felt anxious because you thought she was talking about you behind your back. Is this a valid summary of the situation?

At the end of the day it sounds like your anxiety is provoking you to think and act in ways that are perhaps not connected to the current moment and reality of your life. I mean it isn't a big deal at all that you agreed with the kids, even if you were wrong about the timeline... your reaction to it is as though you are being chased by a bear about to be eaten. Anxiety disorders are a real thing... there are plenty of tools out there, including medications, that can help you manage your reactions and feelings to such situations.

If you don't manage this it will escalate... you may end up hospitalized or totally isolated from people... please know there is help out there, and it's possible to overcome.

Archived