Eye contact during sex?

lilsunfl0wer

How important is it to you?

In my situation, I noticed that when I’m on top my bf usually has his eyes closed or when I lean in to kiss him, eyes still closed or he moves my head to his side like he doesn’t want to see my face.. It’s different when he’s on top, his eyes are open. I don’t know it’s weird for me. I haven’t talked to him about it because it just seems weird.

"Weird"? Do you mean unfamiliar or uncomfortable or creepy? It sounds like you are reading way too much into this especially that "he doesn't want to see your face". If that were the case he wouldn't be dating you, kissing you or having sex with you.

Perhaps reflect on any self esteem or insecurity issues if you are misinterpreting things in such an inaccurate and negative way. Is this due to lack of sexual experience or expected behavior due to past sexual experience?

No do not "talk to him about it". Now that is weird. What's he supposed to do with that type of info? Defend himself about some infinitesimal subconscious sexual gesture? Defend himself that he's trying "not to look at you"? What seems to be the real problem you are worried about? That he's not into you or not attracted to you?

he moves my head to his side like he doesn’t want to see my face

My partner keeps his eyes shut as well, regardless of who's on top! I used to read things into it, but I put it down to him needing to concentrate. Saying something would make him self-conscious and likely make things very awkward, so don't do that. He's probably just enjoying the sensation of being pleasured without doing all the moving.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived