Help and reassurance

Bobbyclobby

Hi. Thanks for your time. Ive been in and out of a toxic relationship and i really need to draw the line now. We argued a lot didnt speak for weeks on end. We missed concerts holidays weekends together and all sorts. Mainly because of jealousy over my 2 daughters. The final straw was my 'partner' missing my mother's funeral because of her falling out with me again over jealousy. Please help me to stay strong and be on my own once and for all.

Yes. She was jealous of my daughters. She didn't like me spending any time with them. They're both grown up...19 and 24. She wouldn't involve herself with them in any way. It was like I had to have 2 separate lives..

No, you don't "have" to. You can choose to walk away from this toxic and controlling woman. I mean, who is more important? A jealous control freak or your own flesh and blood?

I can only speculate this woman was fantastic in the sack. I can't fathom another excuse for allowing someone to come between you and your own children.

Nothing really. That is why I need to draw the line.

She doesn't sound worth losing your relationship with your kids over.

I doubt you'd be lying on your deathbed thinking "Gee, I sure wish I had abandoned my relationship with my children to be with that jealous control freak who wouldn't even sleep with me!". But I can guarantee you would regret losing your kids.

She sounds like a spoiled rotten brat. A grown woman getting jealous over your own kids? What's wrong with her?

Your daughters should never have to fight for time with you and she should understand.

And it's disgraceful how she would rather fight with you than support you during a huge loss in your life.

This woman sounds selfish and self centered. You're better off without her.

I think I thought things would improve. Sadly they didn't.

We were together a long time. We'd split up a couple of times but I don't know if because I loved her or if I was just too stupid I kept trying again.

As I've said the line is drawn now and I will never go back.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Archived