Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obsessed with people i have never met, help with letting go.

disregard disregard

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry to hear this. Are you going to school or working now? It seems you've never had appropriate grief counseling and feel estranged from your own real life. The best thing to do is stop trying to find these people online or in real life and instead start some long overdue therapy to heal from the past and explore what's really going on. Are you looking for a romantic situation with these girls or just envying their apparently "fun" lives?
    yes i'm doing both and I have been in grief counseling since my father passed I just never have told the full story to any counselor. I have found myself also considering both situations with them, I also try to connect them to some sort of story, if that makes sense. I'm a writer so I like to use them for characters. More personally I envy their fun lives and I have some regret for it because it feels like I lived my teenage years of discovery (drinking, smoking etc.) through their lives. for example, my first exposer to weed was when I texted one of the girls and she told me that they all smoked and that it wasn't that bad, so then my first time smoking with my friends all I could think about was trying to live up to them and truly wanting to smoke to feel some sort of connection to their experiences. I regret this because I feel I sometimes missed out on MY high school life and experiences with MY friends who are just as good/ most likely better than these girls.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Do you have friends in "real life"?
    yes I feel that im even very popular in school, nobody knows about this part of my life even my close friends.

Originally Posted by Jibralta
    Yes, they are just human beings like you. But first you have to take them off the pedestal and unblur those lines.
    thank you so much for the advice.

Originally Posted by electricswag
    yes i'm doing both and I have been in grief counseling since my father passed I just never have told the full story to any counselor. I have found myself also considering both situations with them, I also try to connect them to some sort of story, if that makes sense. I'm a writer so I like to use them for characters. More personally I envy their fun lives and I have some regret for it because it feels like I lived my teenage years of discovery (drinking, smoking etc.) through their lives. for example, my first exposer to weed was when I texted one of the girls and she told me that they all smoked and that it wasn't that bad, so then my first time smoking with my friends all I could think about was trying to live up to them and truly wanting to smoke to feel some sort of connection to their experiences. I regret this because I feel I sometimes missed out on MY high school life and experiences with MY friends who are just as good/ most likely better than these girls.
    I think you should tell the full story to a counselor. What you have done is very invasive to your sense of self. I think that talking to a therapist about it will probably relieve a lot of the pressure you are feeling and give you a better sense of perspective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice