Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can i get back to normal sleeping pattern?

How can i get back to normal sleeping pattern?

I don't get to sleep until 6am the past couple of weeks, I am WIDE AWAKE. I lie tossing and turning, get up for some water, walk about the house and go back to try see if that helps but nothing.

Does anybody know of any home remedies that will help me get to sleep? I have tried the stay awake for the whole day, but i am exhausted and just simply could not!

2. 01-11-2019, 10:17 PM

What worked for me was leaving the lights on and forgetting about sleep. Eventually, it caught up with me.

The only thing that works for me is to NOT sleep during the day if I am awake all night.

It really does suck, it's hard to stay awake when you so desperately want to sleep...but if you keep awake and finally go to sleep about 8-9 at night, then you will wake up at a more normal time.

Bronze Member
    First a couple of questions: What's on your mind? How's life? Life stresses tend to hinder us from getting a good night's sleep at times,

What helps me:
    - Sleeping or chamomile tea.
    - Mynoise.net is a great resource for white noises, some which are brilliant at aiding you sleep. I use that lovely site when I need to.
    - I try to focus on uplifting and relaxing things and avoid anything that is too heavy to handle.

Having said that I honestly suggest you seek a professional therapist or doctor as they can assess what is really going on in your case.

Platinum Member
    Some tips that have helped me:

1. Not looking at the internet/phone while in bed;
    2. A bath before bed (honestly, this is so relaxing!). I forgot how relaxing baths could be until recently. This is my go-to when I can’t sleep. My whole body relaxes instantly;
    3. As greendots mentioned, chamomile tea;
    4. As SherrySher mentioned, not sleeping during the day. SherrySher’s right, there’s no easy way around this. Sleeping during the day is a surefire way to prevent a good, quality sleep at night.
    5. Meditation;
    6. Making a deliberate effort to quiet your mind before bed and not worry or over-think;
    7. If you’re procrastinating about something, which is causing you to lose sleep at night, just work on it as soon as you can and get it done.
    Last edited by milly007; 01-12-2019 at 12:30 AM.

[QUOTE=greendots;7085823]First a couple of questions: What's on your mind? How's life? Life stresses tend to hinder us from getting a good night's sleep at times,

What helps me:
    - Sleeping or chamomile tea.
    - Mynoise.net is a great resource for white noises, some which are brilliant at aiding you sleep. I use that lovely site when I need to.
    - I try to focus on uplifting and relaxing things and avoid anything that is too heavy to handle.

Having said that I honestly suggest you seek a professional therapist or doctor as they can assess what is really going on in your case.[/QUOTE

It’s definitely down to stress, there’s a good few things going on at the minute like looking for a job and money worries but, i usually can sleep right through.. my pattern is just completely flipped!

I am going to try that website tonight and get some chamomile tea tomorrow! thank you!

I tried the bath abd mediating one night and it did help a little, although i got woken up and couldnt get back to sleep!
    I am going to get me some of this chamomile tea!
    I try my hardest not to sleep in when i finally do get to sleep, but it is so hard to stay awake or even function :( but il give these efforts a go! thank you!

I only go from experience. I did all the same things, relaxation tapes, baths, etc...nothing worked.

I even laid in bed all night but only tossed and turned.

The only thing that got my hours turned was to stay awake. Yes, it's very hard and not nice. But I've not found an easier way.

If something else works, please let me know. My sleep has never been an easy go.

One idea: embrace it, sort of.

Go to bed at 2:30 am.
    The next night, go to bed at 2:00 a.m.
    The next, 1:30 a.m.

and so on.

Walk it back slowly - a way of acknowledging what's real, and working with it, instead of fighting it.

Platinum Member
    Reading and white noise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice