Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't know if I should apologise/clear the air, or leave it?

Platinum Member
    I'd just leave it alone. It's been nearly a year. Chances are they've just got on with their respective lives but, if they haven't and are still nursing grudges over this then nothing you say is likely to make any difference. There's no point in picking at a scab.

If you do bump into any of them, be prepared to be friendly - but leave it at that.

For yourself, concentrate on moving forward with your own life, and there will come a time when you can look back and it will seem like a playground fight. Because, on an emotional level, that's exactly what it is.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Why do you think that (in the bold?) After all you say you aren't looking for friendship yet you still have her on all your platforms??? Why do you keep her in your contacts if you don't want friendship and the thought of running into her makes you anxious? Seems odd.
    I donít really know to be honest, Iím just overthink and think into the tiny details. The thought of running into her is just my anxiety, Iíd prefer it if it was civil, no grudges etc.. But as of last night Iíve decided to just leave it, thank you though

Originally Posted by BanksC
    I donít really know to be honest, Iím just overthink and think into the tiny details. The thought of running into her is just my anxiety, Iíd prefer it if it was civil, no grudges etc.. But as of last night Iíve decided to just leave it, thank you though
    Good luck, let us know how it goes if you do run into her.

Let sleeping dogs lie. Reconnect on social media. If you run into them be cheerful friendly polite. Dredging this up is worse than just moving forward and acting normal if you bump into her.
    We live in the same city and shop whatever etc in the same area and she works 2 minutes from my house.. But i avoid it at all costs and the thought of seeing her makes me very anxious.

Platinum Member
    Chalk it up to the immaturity of youth and move on.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Good luck, let us know how it goes if you do run into her.
    Hello,

just thought iíd update :)
    so i got speaking to a close friend of hers unexpectedly and she said that she also wanted to message me.. so i thought whats the worst that could happen. I messaged and explained how i felt and now we are building a relationship again and happy to put everything behind us :)

Hello,

just thought iíd update :)
    so i got speaking to a close friend of hers unexpectedly and she said that she also wanted to message me.. so i thought whats the worst that could happen. I messaged and explained how i felt and now we are building a relationship again and happy to put everything behind us :)
    Awesome! :) Thanks for the update. It's always nice to hear how a situation turns out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice