Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cause for concern or am I over reacting?

It would be best to pull back from this. He's not who he says he is.

Platinum Member
    If you married him you could possibly be held accountable for whatever schemes and shenanigans he gets up to during the marriage.

And what if he puts one of his schemes in your name?

I would end the relationship now. And certainly do not move to his country!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by confusedlemo
    His lies have gone through a whole new level.

He told me that he is a Bahrain citizen. He told me since we met that he had a Bahrain passport. Tonight he said that his friend (yes, another friend!!) took out a big loan from the goverment of Bahrain for a business that went wrong in his name and he took off leaving my partner to pay back the loan and so he can no longer use his Bahrain passport any longer. So i asked him how he is traveling around then and he said he was using his fathers nationality passport (Pakistan). This is no issue to me but why lie AGAIN.
    I wonder if he ever had a Bahraini passport, he does live and work there but it seems now he only has a visa to work there and he is not a permanent citizen or passport holder.
    Remember how I said up-thread that you would surely find out more about him you didn't like? Well, look what we have here. You have no idea what nationality this dude even is or why he doesn't have a passport from Bahrain. He's lying because he doesn't want you to know the truth, whatever that may. I would not be so quick to assume that he's being honest about having a Pakistani passport either.

And his "hypothetical" scenario that if you saw a photo of a him and girl together, you'd believe it even though it would supposedly be a photoshopped fake? This is his absurd preemptive strike. He knows there are inappropriate photos of him with women out there somewhere, and he's afraid you're they're going to find their way to you. So he's trying to make up a cover story now before you see them.

I don't know what his deal is, but he's not who he says, OP. Don't just slow things down. Call them off completely. You have no clue who you're really engaged to, sadly. Thank heavens you found this all out now before marrying him and really finding yourself stuck and in trouble.

Originally Posted by confusedlemo
    Thanks again everyone for the additional replies, this is really helping me to get through.
    His lies have gone through a whole new level.

He told me that he is a Bahrain citizen. He told me since we met that he had a Bahrain passport. Tonight he said that his friend (yes, another friend!!) took out a big loan from the goverment of Bahrain for a business that went wrong in his name and he took off leaving my partner to pay back the loan and so he can no longer use his Bahrain passport any longer. So i asked him how he is traveling around then and he said he was using his fathers nationality passport (Pakistan). This is no issue to me but why lie AGAIN.
    I wonder if he ever had a Bahraini passport, he does live and work there but it seems now he only has a visa to work there and he is not a permanent citizen or passport holder.
    I am so angry with him beyond belief.
    .....So this allegedly super rich businessman who is afraid of gold diggers, is in fact living in a country he supposedly is a citizen of, where the government might just catch up with him any moment for defrauded funds that he is allegedly paying...but somehow must hide under a fake passport and visa in his fathers name, who happens to be Pakistani..... This is starting to sound more and more like a plot for a fiction novel. Next "truth" installment is that he is really just an errand boy for the actual business owner and is actually personally broke? Smh here. I really hope that by now you have actually decided to get out of this situation for good and aren't humoring him any further and allowing to lie and gasslight some more. Not one thing about him adds up and it won't. Just be really really grateful that you found this all out now, before you married him and moved over there....or you might end up finding out what the inside of a Bahranian jail looks like.

Is this a jihadi bride scam? Often promises of love, marriage and wealth are the lure that conceals all the deception. No one is this deceptive unless there is a motive.

I really hope you delete and block this psycho!

He is scamming you. I hope you cut all the ties for your own safety! I also hope you haven't given him bank account information or nothing of the sort. Luckily he lives in another country and this came out before you moved there and destroyed your whole life for this psycho. If he's already at this point imagine how worse it'd be being married with him, dependent on him in a foreign country with a difficult culture and laws difficult to navigate. These red flags are gigantic!

Platinum Member
    He is the king of manipulation and lies.

He is really bad news!
    Last edited by Hollyj; 01-12-2019 at 02:51 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice