Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could he be lying about how he feels about me?

Could he be lying about how he feels about me?

Last Valentine’s Day my bf and I had a great day. It was the first time we said ‘I love you’ to each other and we had a nice dinner filled with lots of laughs. I even bought him a few personal gifts that he really seemed to appreciate. His best friend asked him (last year) if he did anything special for Valentine's Day and he said ‘not really.’ I was totally surprised because he told ME he had a great time and it seemed like he did. So why would he tell his best friend otherwise? I’m supposedly his first gf and the first girl he’s ever loved. Wouldn’t he be screaming about how happy he finally is from the rooftops? Not literally of course. I don’t expect him to act like a teenager as he is 33 years old. But I was taken aback by his response to his friend. Is this a red flag or am I reading too much into it?

Platinum Member
    This was a year ago. Why are you writing about this now?

How do you know about that conversation and why is it even an issue now if you have been dating almost a year?
    Originally Posted by alexa5207
    Last Valentine’s Day.His best friend asked him (last year) if he did anything special for Valentine's Day and he said ‘not really.’

I saw it on a Facebook comment on his page. I know realistically it doesn't matter NOW but I guess it makes me feel like if he lied about his feelings then, he could be lying now.

Edit: do people read these edits?

Is nonsensical to think that a random comment to some dude on his FB a year ago defines your relationship, his feelings or his honesty. How old is he?
    Originally Posted by alexa5207
    I saw it on a Facebook comment on his page. it makes me feel like if he lied about his feelings then, he could be lying now.

Fair enough. But it wasn't a random dude. It's his best friend. Figured he'd at least tell his best friend he was happy. He's 33.

Are you still together?

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Is nonsensical to think that a random comment to some dude on his FB a year ago defines your relationship, his feelings or his honesty. How old is he?
    He's 33.

Look OP I wouldn't be talking about my personal life and what I did on Valentine day on a Facebook comment either. Are there other issues?

I think you are reading waaaayyyy too much into this. Not everyone screams from rooftops about their relationship and what they are doing. Some people actually prefer some privacy in those matters. On top of that, you have no idea what is going on with his best friend. He could have had some very good reasons not to say more in order not to upset his friend or make him jealous or whatever. How he chooses to respond to his friend has nothing to do with you or your relationship or his feelings. Also, I find your expectation for him to gush like a teenage girl rather odd, especially since he is in his 30's adult. This is a situation where you are way off and .....what are you doing going through his FB comments from so long ago anyway? What's really going on with you?

You are reading WAY too much into his post from last year. Focus on his actions today and how he is treating you now. This sort of anxiety and obsessing about the past is a relationship killer so you need to find a way to get it under control.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice