Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: accepting your parents don't love you, is it possible ?

Your school has counselors you can talk to so please talk to the nurse or who ever can refer you to a district counselor.

This isn't your fault in the least but you do need to speak to someone before your self esteem is damaged any further.

Lost

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I was asking if you had the opportunity to confront her on her neglect and failure to stop the abuse? If so, what did she say?

Horrible! That she did nothing.
    Just to be clear, she did NOT neglect me. I don't think I wrote that she did. She made great personal sacrifices to make sure we kids were fed, clothed, housed and were able to participate in activities.

I did say she resented me and was jealous of me.

No, I did not confront her because I had no idea until I was an adult that she knew about the molestation. I think she feared being a single mother and doing something about the abuse would have broken up the family. It did affect how I felt about her, of course.

OP, do you have a family member or trusted adult you can confide in?

We cannot responsibly advise you as a minor to do anything other than to report to those with the responsibility and facilities to help you navigate this issue, namely your school counseling services. You can't kick adult residents out of their home, never mind a child. Unless you're embellishing the issue and "getting kicked out" really means you voluntarily take a hike, it's incredibly illegal for your custodial parent to be sending you packing to the streets. You could go straight to police when it happens again, but I'd encourage you to preempt that and go with your school professionals who are trained and hopefully experienced in sensitively navigating issues within the home. CPS isn't going to come the next day and remove your younger siblings from your home.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Just to be clear, she did NOT neglect me. I don't think I wrote that she did. She made great personal sacrifices to make sure we kids were fed, clothed, housed and were able to participate in activities.

I did say she resented me and was jealous of me.

No, I did not confront her because I had no idea until I was an adult that she knew about the molestation. I think she feared being a single mother and doing something about the abuse would have broken up the family. It did affect how I felt about her, of course.

OP, do you have a family member or trusted adult you can confide in?
    The neglect I was speaking of, was not protecting you from the molestation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice