Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: accepting your parents don't love you, is it possible ?

thank you, though I feel my situation is slightly different as I am only 16 and still depend on them for a lot. when we argue I get kicked out a lot and have to stay with friends and sofa surf for long periods of time.

Do you have other family members around that can help you and with whom you can talk about what's going on?

You need to tell your teachers.
    Originally Posted by 31773
    thank you, though I feel my situation is slightly different as I am only 16 and still depend on them for a lot. when we argue I get kicked out a lot and have to stay with friends and sofa surf for long periods of time.

I am sixteen

I've thought about this before but I have younger siblings that are cared for and treated well and I don't want to risk anything happening to them

I've thought about this before but I have younger siblings that are cared for and treated well and I don't want to risk anything happening to them
    Do your siblings live with your mom or your dad? How do you know they are being cared for and treated well? If you're not around/not living with them, they could be abused too. You need to tell your teachers or a school counsellor about what is going on at home.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I would still report this to a trusted adult. When I was 13 and being starved and raped I would have prayed for someone to report this. For your own safety pls do.

Bronze Member
    Depending on your background, culture, experiences and whatnot you'll have a different view on what love truly is. The best we can do is accept the way people are and forgive those that wronged us so we can heal.

BUT accepting that people are who they are and forgiving them doesn't mean we need to tolerate behaviour that is damaging to us and others. Abuse is never okay! Please talk to a trusted teacher or counselor at your school immediately.

You and your siblings are worth it!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Can you clarify the question? Are you asking if she was abused? She was not, I was, and I found out when I was an adult (married with kids) that she knew I was being molested and did nothing.
    I was asking if you had the opportunity to confront her on her neglect and failure to stop the abuse? If so, what did she say?

Horrible! That she did nothing.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I would still report this to a trusted adult. When I was 13 and being starved and raped I would have prayed for someone to report this. For your own safety pls do.
    Really good advice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice