Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flaky Girlfriend - Financial Abuse?

She didn't abuse you, but she certainly didn't respect you as a person. I agree that you need to stop telling yourself that she was the love of your life and answer the really hard question - why did you put up with being treated like dirt for so long?

Being brutally honest with yourself about that and whatever fears and insecurities drove you to cling on that long will actually help you move on and stop thinking about her and find a better gf when you are ready. Once you are ready to date again, you'll be much more aware of red flags and what to avoid and readier to cut bait sooner.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    What have you done so far to try to move forward from this breakup?
    I've tried to forget about her, go about my day to day life. I've ignored her messages and have deleted her number.

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    She didn't abuse you, but she certainly didn't respect you as a person. I agree that you need to stop telling yourself that she was the love of your life and answer the really hard question - why did you put up with being treated like dirt for so long?

Being brutally honest with yourself about that and whatever fears and insecurities drove you to cling on that long will actually help you move on and stop thinking about her and find a better gf when you are ready. Once you are ready to date again, you'll be much more aware of red flags and what to avoid and readier to cut bait sooner.
    I put up with it for so long because I truly believed that she loved me and I definitely love/d her. It wasn't always like this in the relationship, but it's become more evident in the last few months or so with her flakiness becoming more intense and obvious. I suppose the 'honeymoon' phase wore off and we saw the 'real' people in us?

As the saying goes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Depressed
    Because I thought she would change, clearly she didn't and wouldn't.

Oh this is not the first time she has cancelled on me an hour beforehand for things, she has done this quite often.

It's just rude, disrespectful and arrogant.
    Exactly. You taught her she could do anything and you'd take it and let it slide. We determine and teach others how to treat us.
    Self respect should be most important. You let her treat you like crap and who cares if she's rude and arrogant? You allowed it.

She was a crap gf, and you need to work out why you tolerated it. Block her and work on yourself pronto.

Originally Posted by Honeycomb8
    Exactly. You taught her she could do anything and you'd take it and let it slide. We determine and teach others how to treat us.
    Self respect should be most important. You let her treat you like crap and who cares if she's rude and arrogant? You allowed it.

She was a crap gf, and you need to work out why you tolerated it. Block her and work on yourself pronto.
    Agreed, agreed, agreed.

I basically let her walk all over me without any repercussions, so it's no wonder she continued to think she had won a medal and keep cancelling on me last minute - I can't blame anyone for that.

Lesson learned, speak up next time and don't be a doormat allowing crap. Relationships are a two way street, not a one way street.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice