Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend sexted a guy she knew from a dating site: Was it cheating?

Platinum Member
    I don't know why people always say "It's not EASY!!" No one said it would be easy.

Going to medical school, working an internship and then a residency for YEARS in order to become a doctor cannot possibly be "easy". But for the people who dream of being a physician, the rewards are worth it.

I can assure you being pregnant and giving birth are not "easy" but the rewards of my two wonderful children are worth it.

The question is, what is more important to you? Clinging to someone lousy over a few "things" or some kind of faint and totally unrealistic "hope" she'll suddenly admit she was wrong, attend therapy and reconcile with you...or your own peace of mind and well being?

The cause of the pain is NEVER the cure for the pain.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    The question is, what is more important to you? Clinging to someone lousy over a few "things" or some kind of faint and totally unrealistic "hope" she'll suddenly admit she was wrong, attend therapy and reconcile with you...or your own peace of mind and well being?

The cause of the pain is NEVER the cure for the pain.
    I know the answer should be clear cut about what is more important to me and I know the answer to it, and that is moving on and forgetting about her for my own peace of mind and sanity.

But, I guess I am still in shock from the whole revelation and that in time I will see sense and do the right thing and bin her. She really isn't worth it.

UPDATE:

So my ex has been texting me the last few days (just making small talk) and asking things like how am I doing etc.

I have ignored her messages for a few days and now she's texting me things like are you not speaking to me?

I feel like she's stopping me from moving on and more importantly I don't know why she is reaching out to me when I dumped her.

I'm inclined just to block her and delete her number.

It feels like some game that she's playing with me.

Originally Posted by Depressed
    UPDATE:

So my ex has been texting me the last few days (just making small talk) and asking things like how am I doing etc.

I have ignored her messages for a few days and now she's texting me things like are you not speaking to me?

I feel like she's stopping me from moving on and more importantly I don't know why she is reaching out to me when I dumped her.

I'm inclined just to block her and delete her number.

It feels like some game that she's playing with me.
    Your gut has been right from the start, keep following it. Block/delete her from your phone and social media. This low-value person isn't worth your time.

She asks why you're not replying to her...unreal....this girl is never going to grow a conscience.

Originally Posted by HeartofHeart
    Your gut has been right from the start, keep following it. Block/delete her from your phone and social media. This low-value person isn't worth your time.
    I've learned from this experience that your gut will always be right and to always trust it.

I will block/delete her and try to forget about her, as you say she just isn't worth it or worth my time any more.

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    She asks why you're not replying to her...unreal....this girl is never going to grow a conscience.
    That's what annoys me, she is forgetting that she betrayed me, so of course I'm angry at her and hurt at what she did then she has the cheek to say why am I not replying to her!!

She is acting like a kid and not the 'grown up adult' she is meant to be at 42yrs old.

What you are seeing is her not taking responsibility for her own actions. Cheaters do this often, wait a little while and then pretend like they didn't do anything wrong and try and weasel their way back in.

You did the right thing and the sooner you do not have to deal with her at all the better. She will grow tired and go away soon enough and then you can heal and get on with your life.

Hang in there, it will get better soon.

Lost

I would personally ignore any further communication from her. The only time it would even be considered possibly worth your while, is if she writes that she finally knows how wrong she was and that she wants to make it right and only be loyal to you.

Unless she writes those words to you, anything else she's got to say is useless and a waste of your time.

It's not your job to deal with a little girl(mentality wise) who needs mens attentions and will continue to blame you.

Originally Posted by lostandhurt
    What you are seeing is her not taking responsibility for her own actions. Cheaters do this often, wait a little while and then pretend like they didn't do anything wrong and try and weasel their way back in.
    I understand what you mean about them not taking responsibility for their actions. It's far easier for them to pass the blame onto the victim because in their mind they haven't done anything wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to contact me again to worm her way back in at some point - it's a given that she will.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    I would personally ignore any further communication from her. The only time it would even be considered possibly worth your while, is if she writes that she finally knows how wrong she was and that she wants to make it right and only be loyal to you.

Unless she writes those words to you, anything else she's got to say is useless and a waste of your time.

It's not your job to deal with a little girl(mentality wise) who needs mens attentions and will continue to blame you.
    You're spot on Sherry when you mention about her mental state, she is just very immature for a nearly middle aged woman and thrives off men's attention. The term sl*t for her comes to mind.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice