Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64

Thread: Girlfriend sexted a guy she knew from a dating site: Was it cheating?

  1. #31
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,130
    But you're still constantly thinking about her and are calling her "the love of my life".

    I think your brain realizes how bad she is for you but your emotions have not caught up.

    Actively choosing to do something other than sit and think about her will help with that.

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    74
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    But you're still constantly thinking about her and are calling her "the love of my life".

    I think your brain realizes how bad she is for you but your emotions have not caught up.

    Actively choosing to do something other than sit and think about her will help with that.

    I think I am still in shock from the whole discovery and that it hasn't fully sunk in yet.

    I always thought in some ways that she was out of my league and that I was out of hers looks wise - silly I know but that's how I felt from time to time.

    I need to face reality, she's a cheat, a dishonest woman, liar and a user. That should be enough reasons to make move move on from her.

  3. #33
    Platinum Member lostandhurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,615
    Gender
    Male
    It takes time for your emotions to catch up with your mind. Once the shock and disbelief start wearing off so will the love you once felt for her.

    Strange how time clears our mind and vision.

    Lost

  4. #34
    Platinum Member Annia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,151
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Depressed
    You are right, she is angry because I caught her out unexpectedly PLUS the fact that she knows deep down that what she did was wrong. It hurts like hell her cheating but I know that I had to dump her because staying with her would be condoning her behaviour.



    Why do you say that, is it because she was a flaky person?
    Yes, what you wrote on the other thread showed her not to be a reliable and respectful person to have a relationship with. You didn't describe her in a good light in your other thread.

  5.  

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    74
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by Annia
    Yes, what you wrote on the other thread showed her not to be a reliable and respectful person to have a relationship with. You didn't describe her in a good light in your other thread.
    Even on our first date she was late for that too.

    But she got progressively worse as time went on and her cancelling last minute got more common too and predictable. It got to the point where I felt that I couldn't plan anything with her because at the back of my mind I knew she couldn't and wouldn't fulfil her 'obligation' to go places with me. It was basically her way or no way.

  7. #36
    Platinum Member SherrySher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,602
    You're thinking about this all backwards. Her looks were out of your league? What does looks have to do with anything?

    You can find the nastiest, most vile people who are so called "good looking" and they aren't worth your spit.

    What matters is how they behave, morals, how loyal they are, how good of a heart they have,etc.

    I wished people's looks were reflected by whats inside, it would give a far better picture of who they are.

    Far too many being confused by "good looking" people who are ugly on the inside and the worst kind of people to be with.

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    74
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    You're thinking about this all backwards. Her looks were out of your league? What does looks have to do with anything?

    You can find the nastiest, most vile people who are so called "good looking" and they aren't worth your spit.

    What matters is how they behave, morals, how loyal they are, how good of a heart they have,etc.

    I wished people's looks were reflected by whats inside, it would give a far better picture of who they are.

    Far too many being confused by "good looking" people who are ugly on the inside and the worst kind of people to be with.
    I just meant that she did have a good heart up until she cheated on me and that he looks made her even more attractive to me.

    I really do love her but think I made the right decision to dump her because if I had stayed then that would be condoning her behaviour.

  9. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    74
    Gender
    Male
    Ok, so last night I got a text out of the blue from my ex saying "Can't we still be on talking terms?" I responded yes sure and then she responded stating once again that she 'didn't cheat and that she didn't do anything'.

    What would you make of it, is she trying to get back with me?

  10. #39
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    30,595
    Gender
    Male
    Delete and block her from all social media and messaging apps asap. Stay no contact. Why would you even want contact or worse, take her back? Do you miss the sex?
    Originally Posted by Depressed
    last night I got a text out of the blue from my ex saying "Can't we still be on talking terms?" I responded yes sure.

  11. #40
    Platinum Member SherrySher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,602
    Oh my god, seriously?

    That is all she is ever going to do is to justify her actions. She feels absolutely no guilt. She thinks she had a right to be involved with this man and that you should look the other way.

    She is an incredibly selfish person.

    Can you not see that?

    Delete/block. Nothing else will work.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •