LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does “not caring” really get a guy’s attention

Does “not caring” really get a guy’s attention

My friend doesn’t believe me that if you ignore a guy. The more he’ll be attracted. And if he doesn’t care then it’s a good thing. Can someone help me help her understand

I got nothing. Sorry. If a woman isn't interested in me I'm not interested in her.

Story ends

She's right. If you play games, he'll move on.
    Originally Posted by jaquiiiimez
    My friend doesn’t believe me that if you ignore a guy. The more he’ll be attracted.

In general yes if you ignoer somebody it tends to make them like you. however i believe this is more true of females than males.
    males definitely will get tired of it and move on. women tend to be attracted to it more for some reason.

Originally Posted by thisisrichey
    women tend to be attracted to it more for some reason.
    Where's the official demographic study of men vs women that shows evidence of your claim? You don't need to cite the entire study, just paste the paragraph that has the conclusive findings or post a link, thanks.

Platinum Member
    I used to be very shy around guys, and because of that I would inadvertently ignore them, I didn't do it on purpose but It was a fear response, and so it came across as aloofness and like I was ignoring them. I did this to guys I had crushes on who didnt know I existed, and also to guys that I knew liked me, whether I also liked them or not. So basically any guy that wasn't a friend.

And all of those guys moved on to date other women who gave them the time of day. And I was single for a long time until I changed my ways. Lesson learned.

Originally Posted by Normm
    Where's the official demographic study of men vs women that shows evidence of your claim? You don't need to cite the entire study, just paste the paragraph that has the conclusive findings or post a link, thanks.
    tons of them.. go and look.
    also, personal experience. The less i go after and try to push things forward with a gal, the more they come at me and initiate themsleves.
    also, a lifetime of observation when i'm out and about. We've all seen this many times where a guy who isn't "emotionally available" or not treating a gal as well as he should - somehow the gal keeps doing more and more and more for him. how many times have you seen it the other way?
    Also, popular urban legend has it that "women love to date bad boys" (aka #2 above). This is not some big secret. It's well known and you can see it everywhere.

if you DO NOT know this or think it doesn't exist - you're not paying enough attention.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by jaquiiiimez
    My friend doesn’t believe me that if you ignore a guy. The more he’ll be attracted. And if he doesn’t care then it’s a good thing. Can someone help me help her understand
    It can initially, for like a day, but it does not work long term. A girl that ignores guys in general can imply that she's pure and hasn't been around the block. That purity is attractive, not that part of being ignored. But once she starts ignoring you too then you move on to the next girl and leave that girl to her purity.

The correct question is: "Do men find women who demonstrate they've got an active personal and social lives attractive?" And the answer is yes. No healthy guy wants to be made the center of a woman's world, arguably at any point, but definitely not soon after meeting them. Generally speaking, when a woman is very keen to invest her time and energy into something like frequently texting, it's a good sign of trouble, even if not a guarantee.

Yes, you do have men who legit gravitate toward women they have to put extra effort into or "chase." I'd argue they're fewer and further between than people think, and that many are simply playing an active role in attracting them, but I digress. Feel free to entertain them, but know that if you want to make yourself something to be caught or a prize to be won, the novelty will be gone and he'll most likely move onto the next.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by thisisrichey

In general yes if you ignoer somebody it tends to make them like you.
    Yeah but for the wrong reasons. Some men (and women) will consider being ignored a challenge and it's the challenge they are attracted to, NOT you.

When someone (man or woman) truly, genuinely likes someone, being ignored may get them wondering, but it will not make them like them more, that's just crazy-thinking.

True for most stable people (again men and women) who are secure within and value themselves.

The immature folks who are insecure, have commitment issues and the like? Sure it might intrigue them mistakenly disguised as increased interest but it's not genuine, or real..
    Last edited by katrina1980; 01-08-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice