Confused About Relationship

Hollywould

Hi folks. I have been "dating" a man from high school for 6 months. I'm in my mid-fifties. In that time we have spent ALOT of time together because we have similar interests. I have grown to love him and I tell him often. He tells me that he loves me too. The relationship is progressing at a very slow pace which is ok but he seldom shows any affection towards me. I want to kiss him he pulls away. If I touch him in a way that could lead to intimacy he questions my motives and pulls away. He won't let me touch him! He seldom touches me. When I question him about it he twists things in such a way that I feel like a . Wanting to be intimate with someone you love after 6 months is normal and human. I'm ready to end this situation but want to know what you all think.

You are telling me what I wish wasn't true - but it is. I'll stop hanging out because my feelings are much stronger than his. Mark my word - I'll tell him that I'm done and he will pull me back in with minor affection like before.

No one can "pull you back in" without your permission.

You are not powerless here, you are perfectly capable of making decisions, and acting in your own best interests, so sorry but this "he will pull me back in" is bs.

Clearly this man has serious intimacy issues, is this what you want for yourself?

Your choice and if you choose no, then as a strong competent woman, you walk away and not allow him to "pull you back in."

It's really that simple.

I don't know. Never intimate but sometimes we sleep in the same bed. He likes for me to touch him but he will not touch me.

Wow....I mean I don't know why you call this dating. You are nothing more than platonic pals and he is very obviously not attracted to you sexually. Your attraction is completely one sided and yeah, as Wiseman said, stop trying to push yourself onto him. If you can't be just friends with him, then politely distance yourself from him until you cool off and lose interest....or just fade out of the friendship permanently. Don't go off telling him off because you'll just come across as crazy.

If he will not speak up and explain why he is acting this way towards you then you have to take his actions as the hard truth.

Lesson learned for the next time right?

I am sure you will find a man that is willing to be in a real relationship once you stop wasting your time on this guy.

Lost

I don't know. Never intimate but sometimes we sleep in the same bed. He likes for me to touch him but he will not touch me.

You need to be done with this. I am sorry, but he does not have any romantic feelings for you.

Stop torturing yourself and end this 'relationship.' I would find it so devaluing and frustrating.

You need to cut contact, as you have feelings for him. Nothing will change.

Expect a lot more from men in the future. This should have stopped a long time ago.

I refuse to let my self esteem be affected. He constantly tells me that I look/aged better than most of our friends. He drinks a lot and gets angry over little things. I still love him.

He sounds like a real prize. I also think you should address why you got involved with any of this.

You are wasting your time if he's an angry alcoholic with ED (very common in alcoholics). Why stick around for all the rejection because he says you 'look younger", but pushes you away?

Never intimate but sometimes we sleep in the same bed. He likes for me to touch him but he will not touch me.He drinks a lot and gets angry over little things. I still love him.

You are telling me what I wish wasn't true - but it is. I'll stop hanging out because my feelings are much stronger than his. Mark my word - I'll tell him that I'm done and he will pull me back in with minor affection like before.
Pfffft to that ^^^

I agree with Katrina... You act as if you have no will of your own. All you have to do is say what you offer me is not enough so I wish you luck in your relationships but please don't contact me again. How old are you?

Hi folks. I have been "dating" a man from high school for 6 months. I'm in my mid-fifties. In that time we have spent ALOT of time together because we have similar interests. I have grown to love him and I tell him often. He tells me that he loves me too. The relationship is progressing at a very slow pace which is ok but he seldom shows any affection towards me. I want to kiss him he pulls away. If I touch him in a way that could lead to intimacy he questions my motives and pulls away. He won't let me touch him! He seldom touches me. When I question him about it he twists things in such a way that I feel like a . Wanting to be intimate with someone you love after 6 months is normal and human. I'm ready to end this situation but want to know what you all think.

If I were in this situation, I would end it.

You are on different pages when it comes to intimacy and affection. I don't have a crystal ball, but I would bet against such a mismatch.

Archived