I don't Get it Unblocked but Still Won't Talk to me

holymoseph

I don't know what to think. My ex blocked me on facebook and my number after we broke up. It was not a good relationship or breakup. I could go into details but honestly theres just too much. Long story short: he got an std and then blamed it on me even though I didn't have it yet claimed he hadn't been with anyone else. His girl friend called one night incessantly and texted him and I saw it saying she thought she was coming over that night. Evidently she was coming over and sleeping in his bed when I wasn't there yet nothing happened (they both swear on it but I don't believe it). He kept telling me that when his house sold and he wasn't so broke he could give me what I deserved- a commitment and treat me like a man should. He said the stress of the house was too much and that was his excuse but then the house sold, we go out to a fancy dinner, he is ed up beyond belief and when I got upset he said he wanted to end things because he wasn't ready to give me a commitment.

Fast forward a month and some change later he comes back into town after a lavish vacation and unblocks me on FB and his friend sends me a friend request the same day. YET he won't text me back if I text him. Then today I saw my friend post a picture with him in it at his house. I don't get why he would ublock me, his friend would sent a friend request and yet not respond to my text!!! Dudes, help me out? ?

Real talk?

It means noting. Social media, by and large, means nothing.

If all you have to hold onto and dissect is social media, in order to understand what's what with a human being, then it means that whatever you're trying to dissect and and hold onto is so thin as to barely exist.

So, instead of asking these questions, I'd ask others: Do you really want to be wondering what any of this means? Would it really mean anything—or change anything—if he unblocked you because he's thinking about you? Or if he just wanted to mess with you? Or if he was just bored? Or if he was lonely? Or if...

You see where I'm going here? Whatever it could possibly means leaves you in the same place: nothing. A dude who didn't pan out. And, frankly, a bullet dodged, from what you've written.

I'm sorry for the loss and confusion—and, hey, congrats on not getting that std—but at the end of the day this is just noise. The more you try to understand it, the noisier it gets.

You're right. I've asked myself numerous times what difference would it make even if he did say all the things I wanted him to say because once the damage is done it's done and there's no place for it to go even if there is any feelings left. I just wish I could silence my heart. I know this may sound stupid but I'm ashamed I even still feel this way. I want to just move on, I want to see him for the POS he is and that be enough and not care.

I used to unblock my ex on FB temporarily because we lived in the same small town, and I wanted to see which local events he planned to go to - so I could avoid them. Because of the 48-hour rule, he saw me online one time and messaged me; as it happens, about something completely appropriate. He couldn't understand why I'd blocked him for so long.

I wouldn't necessarily draw any conclusions about someone unblocking you, especially if hasn't followed it up with anything else. His friend contacting you is completely irrelevant. Stop trying to read things into a non-situation, especially as it seems to be causing you emotional pain. And good on you for blocking him again!

You need to block and delete him and All His People from All your social media and messaging apps. Do not text him. Stop all contact with him or his people asap. Focus on your Own friends and finding a new bf.

unblocks me on FB and his friend sends me a friend request the same day. YET he won't text me back if I text him.
I just went ahead and blocked him.

Good for you.

I spent a few months in a social media vortex with my ex—the blocking and unblocking, the maybe veiled communication through posting on her end. Then, eventually, I was just like: um, really? And I just stopped and it was amazing at how much easier it was to heal.

You're right. I've asked myself numerous times what difference would it make even if he did say all the things I wanted him to say because once the damage is done it's done and there's no place for it to go even if there is any feelings left. I just wish I could silence my heart. I know this may sound stupid but I'm ashamed I even still feel this way. I want to just move on, I want to see him for the POS he is and that be enough and not care.

Then why don't you block and delete him and put him in the past where he belongs. You creeping his social media is keeping you locked in the emotional quagmire he's put you through. You've resigned yourself to the fact that getting back with the likes of him is below you so make the final move and close that door for good so you can begin to heal.

Feel better soon.

I just went ahead and blocked him.

Just went back and saw this... Good on you. Now.. you WILL start to feel better soon. ;o)

Archived