Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend going on cruise with single friends

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by jimthzz
    Oh, I get the guy's anxiety. Have you seen some of the ads for cruises? It is not really about the girlfriend, it is about the exposure to temptation shown in the marketing.

Of course, as others have pointed out, she can meet someone in the grocery store, at work, etc.

But some cruises are marketed as a way to have a floating Las Vegas adventure.
    I'm sure this made him feel much better.

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    That is the reason I posted this I've heard stories of people and friends on cruises and they haven't been stories I want to hear from a partner lol

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    lol my thoughts exactly....

Seriously though OP, while I can understand you having feelings about it, taking action would be a relationship killer at this stage. If she is committed the relationship at that point she will be fully capable of setting boundaries, acting with integrity and making good decisions no matter who or what is around her.

Bronze Member
    Sounds like this girl is pretty independent, and may be a bit less serious about this relationship then you are.
    Maybe your talk with her should be about where you stand as a couple.
    A few weeks doesnt seen long enough to be so concerned about this, but it also sounds like this is a habit for her.

Originally Posted by AloneNoMore
    Think that's where some of it stems from and cruises have allot of stigma for hookup culture the whole on a boat, lots of alcohol , and I know staff get fired for hooking up with people outside of staff but they still do it and they on a boat for awhile. Lots of partying and the thought of it's not life since your pulled into this illusion.

Everyone I've known that did cruises when single didn't go to take in the scenery they went to party and meet girls or guys that they could just have fun and not have attached to life or reality.

On top of that people don't go-to the grocery store to let loose, party, get drunk, or as carefree.

She scheduled this cruise because she was going through a tough breakup and wanted to use it to make herself happy and I am guessing desired or to find herself.

On top of that her safety in these countries especially areas like Honduras isn't really having the great of safety or the best of news.
    She is a grown woman who is perfectly capable of taking care of herself. Your patronizing attitude can easily kill your budding relationship, especially so early on in dating. As some other posters already said, if a guy came to me with this kind of an attitude, I'd toss him out of my life so fast, his head would be spinning.

What this all comes down to is that you don't trust her. Ironically, that raises questions about you and your own character. Would you cheat in her shoes because ....you know....life on a cruise is not "real" so it's all totally excusable because clearly cruises are just a giant orgy? Sounds like you are judging her by yourself and what you would do......

I hope you do come to your senses and realize that you are being absurd.

Put the whole floating Vegas thing to rest.

This is 10 months away—deal with it then.

This woman sounds awesome. Just got you tickets to join her on another trip, has plans to do her own thing with friends down the line. Taking care of herself, thinking of you—um, that's the golden balance.

Don't let caveman paranoia get in the way.

*ten years from now, you and she are married and have friends over for a BBQ*

Her friend 1: “You guys remember that girls trip we took down to Mexico on that cruise?”

Her friend 2: “YES!! Wow we had so much fun!!”

Mrs.AloneNoMore: “You mean the one I didn’t get to go on because my husband wouldn’t let me?”

Don’t be that guy. You don’t take wonderful memories and rich experiences away from people you love, even if you aren’t included in the memory/experience. You encourage the people you love to make as many amazing memories and have the best life and experiences they can.

Platinum Member
    I go on girls trips all the time, and this would NOT FLY with me

And yes, I’ve been in relationships at the time.

Once, I went on a cruise with 3 single friends, and I was in a new relationship at the time. When I returned, he apparently had tried to send me flowers on the ship, but it never went through. I was so touched by that thought (I knew it was genuine), that it made my feelings for him grow deeper.

You will push her away with these insecurities as it will feel like control to her.

You’re being unreasonable. She’s gonna want to go on girls-only trips, in the same way you’d want to hang with the boys. By that time you’ll be able to gauge whether or not you trust her, and then go from there.

Find something to do to keep yourself busy and let her have fun with her friends.

Yep I'll see how it goes by the time of cruise if it still bothers me or concerns me I'll do what I gotta do at that point either stay or leave the relationship. I don't want to feel like I'm robbing her of any experiences so I'll make the decision at that time if I wish to stay or leave.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice