Ghosting?

dizzygirl

After weeks of phone calls and texts I finally went on a date with a guy back in April, I thought it went well. He texts me the next day saying the same and then nothing, I did message him to ask if he was ok, but then again nothing so I deleted him and got on with life. But this mornig he texts me at 7:45am

"Hi ******* how are you? I know this text is out of the blue I just had a lot of family stuff going on way back x"

Do I respond?

NOPE.

When someone shows you who they are believe them.

If he had said, hey.. I met someone else, or hey I took a break from dating, ok, because its ok for people to change their minds and want to try again...but dropping off the map for family issues...unless they were all taken over in a zombie apocalypse he could spend 15 seconds to text you, if he cant be honest and frank with you the odds of it happening again are pretty high.

Completely dropping off the map is not okay. The thing is, I would be curious and I'd entertain chatting, meeting...the second time rarely fares better than the first, so it's really just a situation of curiosity and not investing it it. To each his own, but I don't recommend it. The best course of action would be to ignore. There's a reason things didn't kick off in round one, and doubtful it will be different on round two. The latest turn of events? Facebook relationship abounds? No and no. He's monkey-branching and cheating. This is maddening entertainment, however, and part of me wants you to toy with him, respond, but this means you would also be toying with his girlfriend, and that is not cool...no response is how you handle this. But what a good laugh over the absurdity of it all!

It's hard to say to a person who is interested in you "sorry I met someone else". I've had to do it in the past, and it's awkward and anxiety provoking because you just don't want to hurt another person so telling a white lie tends to be easier.

He probably met her around the same time he was dating you, they hit it off and he was off the market. Rather than being honest with you he dodged. Doesn't make him an ahole, just someone who avoids confrontation with dishonesty. You'd be surprised how many are like that. Doesn't make it right, just makes it common.

I had this happen to me. I got ghosted and the exact same thing happened after a year I got a text. I found out she came back after a few failed attempts to start relationships with other people and came back to me.

Ive also had other contact me when they were in relationships already. I believe they do this to check if you`re still available. A sort of ego boost or because theyre not getting he attention they need from their other half.

I mean have you not ever wondered what happened to someone you liked? You tried to get back in touch with? That's human curiosity for you.

After weeks of phone calls and texts I finally went on a date with a guy back in April, I thought it went well. He texts me the next day saying the same and then nothing, I did message him to ask if he was ok, but then again nothing so I deleted him and got on with life. But this mornig he texts me at 7:45am

"Hi ******* how are you? I know this text is out of the blue I just had a lot of family stuff going on way back x"

Do I respond?

No you do not respond. You weren't a priority then, and you won't be know.

A lot of stuff = better options

Things didn't turn out on his A list, so they are checking their B list until their luck improves.

Archived