Been dating someone need advice

michkath

So Iv known this guy for about a year now. We stopped talking due to some personal issues health and lost touch and last year year we started to date ( were not official just dating ) don’t want to rush things. We really get along and I feel things are going well. However I was away on a family holiday over the Xmas period and he went away for the Xmas period aswell. We both kept in touch and both got each other something for Xmas so was nice. His still away and I’m back to reality. Since Iv been back I checked how everything was on his holiday I didn’t bombard him while he was away I’m not like that it’s always best to give someone some space as I’m the same. And well he was abit off with me today when I asked how things were and I can’t wait to c him when he gets back. I got a very blunt response & then I saw lots of snaps him drinking and lots of girls in the pictures. Now I know we’re only dating but this kinda hurt abit. Like am I over thinking? Or do you think this is purely wrong? Like I dunno.

I havent mentioned Iv seen the pics. I was gonna wait till he gets back see how he acts with me. Do you think Iv made the right choice?

I’m guessing since you’re not exclusive he figures you’re more casual. I wouldn’t think anything other then him being snippy with you for no reason, that seems a bit off. I say you should have fun and date other guys. He doesn’t seem like the ‘put all your eggs into one basket if you’re looking for more, which by the sounds of this post you are. Since you are clearly bothered by him being with other girls.

So I wouldn’t mention to him anything about the pictures. If I were you just keep your options open.

You need to be focusing on other things, other people and less on him. He is not the central figure in your life and that's how you are treating him.

That doesn't happen until and unless you become exclusive and that talk has yet to happen, if it ever does.

And well he was abit off with me today when I asked how things were and I can’t wait to c him when he gets back. I got a very blunt response & then I saw lots of snaps him drinking and lots of girls in the pictures. Now I know we’re only dating but this kinda hurt abit. Like am I over thinking? Or do you think this is purely wrong? Like I dunno.

How did you come across the pics? Was it done under the covers? You've known this man for a year, so you should have a bead on his character. Is what you saw in the pics what you'd expect from him, or another side? You shouldn't mention the pics, unless he brings it up.

As others have stated, don't put all your marbles on him. Date others. Also, don't dismiss what you've observed lately. It's all part of evaluating him if you envision a future with him (more than casual).

Archived