Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 75% My Husbands Family is truly evil and its causing me to go into a depression!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by j.man
    You don't. She doesn't.

I will, and I'll take the rest of the thread with one as well.

So you've regarded this woman as "evil" and a "snake" from day one, admit yourself that you wear your emotions on a sleeve, yet you're perplexed she picked up the "vibe?"

Yeah, sorry. It's hard to imagine some lady just going around family parties blasting all the husbands with star power from her panties and dropping pencils all over the carpet in front of folks. Doesn't really matter if you found Samantha to gossip to and agree with about her. The fact you're chit-chatting with folks (never mind your husband's mother-- really??) behind her back at all about how much of a conniving snake she is and her "see through clothing" means you'd be in great company with her, assuming any accuracy to your account.

Honestly, at the very worst, it doesn't sound like you're much of a victim at all here, and that she simply outplayed you in your territory grab. But just as likely, if not more so, it could be she's from day one been reacting to Miss Cleo "wearing her emotions on her sleeve" and glaring at her like she's vile, conniving, a snake, and whatever other dehumanizing descriptors you'd like to throw in there.

I don't know what advice you're seeking. You're not Bill Paxton (PBUH) and this ain't Frailty. If you want to believe the devil has cursed you with this "truly evil" family and this "snake" of a sister-in-law, that's your prerogative. But it's not a context we can responsibly center advice on. I'd talk to your priest about snakes and your apparent super powers.
    LOL! You are on a roll!

Platinum Member
    So, you call her a lunatic because she said she felt a "vibe" from you...but you're not a lunatic for feeling a "vibe" from her???

Is your "vibe" detector somehow more valid than her "vibe" detector?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    So, you call her a lunatic because she said she felt a "vibe" from you...but you're not a lunatic for feeling a "vibe" from her???

Is your "vibe" detector somehow more valid than her "vibe" detector?
    This thread just got incredibly dirty.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by j.man
    This thread just got incredibly dirty.
    "A Vibe!! Is this lunatic serious? So all of these rumors and lies on me over a "Vibe?". "

She's the one who brought the vibe into the conversation, not me!

I have reported these aggressive responses for review .

I came here for support . What Iíve received is aggression and attacks . This situation I needed help about is nothing to laugh about . Iím going to wait for mediation on this matter.

Platinum Member
    I had an abusive ex. His immediate family could be a nightmare. I noticed after awhile that a sibling of his was so prone to being ready for a fight, that i found myself with my hackles up even before she walked in the door. it was very refreshing when i realized that. Honestly, i never started anything, but i *expected* tension, so therefore, she walked into a tense person waiting for the shoe to drop vs a calm person. Eve if you don't realize this, you are now part of this push/pull with the sister. You AUTOMATICALLY labelled her without even knowing her yet and decided who she was. On the other hand, there were people in the extended family where the immediate family's behavior would just roll off their back. They just would shake their heads inside themselves. You need to start doing this.

An alcoholic does not "change". They never stop being one -- they simply are an alcoholic who works at conquering their alcoholism every day or they are not.

A person does not exist in a vacuum. If your husband is an alcoholic, although it is often a disease that happens to people in supportive families, the behavior usually doesn't pop up in a vacuum -- there is usually a whole bunch of family turmoil environmentally that comes with it or a family history of it. His family is not evil - it just what it is and if you decide to embroil yourself in drama - you are going to stay in drama.
    If

The thread has run its course, closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice