Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: BF obsessed with ex.

I really thought he loved me but Iím guessing that canít be true now. Do you even try to cheat on someone you love? Heís just with me cause Iím right here and right now.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Reyhoney
    I really thought he loved me but Iím guessing that canít be true now. Do you even try to cheat on someone you love? Heís just with me cause Iím right here and right now.
    I'm afraid so.

He's been hung up on his ex since you met. I don't see how he could truly be present and in love with you if she's be in his heart and mind this whole time. I assume you want a committed and long-lasting relationship; this isn't the guy for it.

Originally Posted by Annia
    It doesn't matter why. A man respectful man in a committed relationship wouldn't be opening to any flirting or whatever with an ex (or any woman). If he was 100% in this relationship with you, he'd have blocked and deleted her at the first signs of flirting from her.

Even if he doesn't love her nor intends to have sex with her, he's leaving the door open for it and he's enjoying the sexual flirting and attention.

Yes, he told her he's happy with you. So? He kept the flirting. He should've said "I'm happy with her please stop and respect my relationship" and block and delete her.
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    I'm afraid so.

He's been hung up on his ex since you met. I don't see how he could truly be present and in love with you if she's be in his heart and mind this whole time. I assume you want a committed and long-lasting relationship; this isn't the guy for it.
    Of course. I donít want a man who doesnít know what boundaries are and disrespects me. He always says what I want to hear and thatís how Iím still with him. I know she cut him off after we started dating but it seems like they were pining for each other all this time.

Platinum Member

He tells her heís happy with me but she still lights up his fire like crazy.

How do you stay with a man after reading this?

If I read that, right there in black and white, there is no confronting or asking him about it, there is only leaving, permanently.

I'd feel sick tbh (imagining this happening to me) and I would immediately pack my bags and leave.

No note, nothing. Next. Stay with a friend till I found my own place, and never see or speak with him again.

That may sound like an over-reaction to some and perhaps it is but I'd be so angry and hurt, that is what I would do.

Again I ask, how do you stay with your bf knowing another woman lights his fire like crazy and presumably more than you ever will?

Serious question, I'd really like to know your thought process about that.

Iím trying my best to respond instead of react. Iím not staying with him after this but I need to know how Iíll go about this exactly. Heís gonna try to twist it if I tell him no doubt.

My first thought after getting mad that Iím with him though. We live together, family and friends know me, we go on trips etc. I mean we have real life together, sheís not real?

Is it just childish horny bored moment, or does he want her instead? Iím asking here because I know he wonít give me the truth I need.

Platinum Member
    Iím trying my best to respond instead of react. Iím not staying with him after this but I need to know how Iíll go about this exactly. Heís gonna try to twist it if I tell him no doubt.

My first thought after getting mad that Iím with him though. We live together, family and friends know me, we go on trips etc. I mean we have real life together, sheís not real?

Is it just childish horny bored moment, or does he want her instead? Iím asking here because I know he wonít give me the truth I need.
    That's why you don't confront and just leave. He will just deny, twist it and make it your fault for snooping anyway, gaslight you, etc

I mean what's to confront or talk with him about, come on it's right there in black and white!!

Who cares if he's bored and if that was his reason all the more reason to walk anyway, although I don't think that's the reason.

She lights his fire, he desires and longs for her obviously, the whole situation would make me sick. There is no way I could stomach even looking at him again, letting alone talking to him.

Trust me, he's not stupid he'll know why you left. Let him start obsessing about you!!

I don't get why you're even thinking about this, two years or not.

The man is a deceptive, lying, cheating DB who is obsessed with and desires another woman, and I rarely bash men like that.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 01-04-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Platinum Member
    Wow! I didnít expect many replies. I was warned about possibly being his rebound but weíve been together for a year and things are very official. Also he told her heís happy with me? Doesnít that mean he wants her to know thereís no chance for them?

Why do you think he loves her? I mean most of the texts were sexual except a few that I was confused about.

Bouldering is mountain climbing inside. Sorry that was confusing.
    The bottom line is, he is cheating on you.

Platinum Member
    Youíre right. Iíve heard that from some of my exís before when Iíd even text or call to say something not remotely flirty even.

Is there something missing in our relationship that a man would do this? I know nothing happened yet but if they were only a few minutes away from each other I bet there would have been. Heís extremely sexual and requires a very specific form of sex that he told her that she fit ALL of his needs in bed. That was harsh.

It is his bad character. Don't make this about your sexual relationship so that you can excuse away. You should be done with this, not trying to make sense of cheating.

You can break up and move out for whatever reasons you want. Simply "it's not working out" is fine if you don't want to confront him about what's on his phone..
    Iím not staying with him after this but I need to know how Iíll go about this exactly. We live together.

Platinum Member

What does it matter. You know the truth.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice