LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223

Thread: BF obsessed with ex.

Originally Posted by irka000
    I am sorry you are going through this. I really I am. I recently discovered that my boyfriend of one year texts another woman. I was told they used to work together. I love him but wouldn't be able to be with him now. Wondering if they chatting at night etc. I must say I am quite shocked how strong you are.
    I wouldn't be able to torture myself like this.
    What is your threshold here ? What needs to happen for you to have enough.
    Mine chosen communication with her over me. He lied to me over it. He also gave her green light to send him hearts etc this was enough for me
    I wish you quick recovery from this.
    Thank you so much, I wish you the best with this too and that you recover super fast and put it all behind you!

Originally Posted by Reyhoney
    So if I stay and talk about it is ruminating but if I stop talking about it it’s me throwing a tantrum cause I’m not being indulged? Right Dr. Phil?

What do you want me to talk about? Exchanging recipes?

It is very revealing actually, cause I was out on Friday night having fun and you’re here on my thread willing to act like a therapist. 👏 😂
    Have you ever heard the phrase: a hit dog will holler?

You are throwing a tantrum right now and attempting to insult me by inferring I have no life while yours is amazing, but... well... you have this issue....

FWIW, I am not Dr. Phil, just someone who’s been in similar dating catastrophes and a bad marriage, I’ve been there as well as been through therapy, you asked for advice and were subsequently given it. Also...I wrote my response to you at 7:00 am, I wasn’t posting Friday night because I was working.

You ruminating on ‘why her’ is what’s keeping you stuck and most likely what has kept you with him all this time, you are competing with her, you always have been.

You’re absolutely right staying here discussing it as nauseum isn’t going to help, but you can’t change what you don’t acknowledge. Dr.Phil actually does say that one.

So we broke up not long ago and guess what? They’re back together.

Not ruminating, not throwing tantrums, just thought I’d update you on how the story ended, just in case another woman in my shoes stumbles upon this while looking for answers.

Platinum Member
    Hope you're okay. He was no prize and treated you horribly so it's no loss. Move forward and learn from it ok? NEVER put up with such disrespect again. It was absolutely ridiculous and sad. Be thankful you no longer have to deal with unease and are no longer wasting more time. 😌

Also, being defensive and attacking others always makes you look bad, that was immature and petty.

How did you find out about them getting together?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Reyhoney
    So we broke up not long ago and guess what? They’re back together.

Not ruminating, not throwing tantrums, just thought I’d update you on how the story ended, just in case another woman in my shoes stumbles upon this while looking for answers.
    Now that you know, you can get on with moving forward and seeing what the future holds.

I'm glad this man is out of your life, he wasn't good for you. How cool that you're now free and available to find a guy who is the right one!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223

Give Advice
Ask For Advice