Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two years, too long

Classic signs of an abuser. Be glad you are rid of him. Sorry you're hurting. I'm glad you told your family and friends as you'll have good support from them. I wish you well.

Hello again...the drama continues. So this past weekend hi DAD texted me this little number....

"Please forgive this text as even as I write it I know how selfish it seems.
    I've spent much of the past few days at the apartment with him and I'm truly scared.
    If you are able to even open some sort of dialogue with him I can honestly see a potential for great change.
    The last thing I want is to add any pain on you, but I am literally and figuratively feeling at the end of my rope.
    If you can find it in your heart to see a more positive outcome than I fear than I would appreciate this effort".

I was fuming when I read this. I couldn't believe his own parents who know his issues would even think to send me this. I sent this to his dad....

'I'm sorry to hear that this is affecting you as well. I have given ***** numerous chances and he never changes. I have also said to him many times why this is the way it has to be. It is on him to not accept it. I need to move on with my life. If you are worried about his health/safety then you need to take the steps necessary to admit him into hospital or have him stay at your place. I have blocked his number for a reason. I do not need him blowing up my phone while I am at work. He became very abusive near the end and I will not tolerate that. He damaged walls in the apartment, stalked me, and threw my keys off the balcony...Opening up dialogue will only place in his mind this false belief that he and I will get back together.

I will be moving my furniture out of the apartment on the 19th and 20th with friends and family. I have told him the same. I would appreciate if you would ensure that he is also not there at that time. I have tried to give him money 4 times to assist him in moving out but he will not accept it. Again, I am sorry about this but I need to move on with my life."

This is getting exhausting. It's hard to stay focused at work...and I work in a stressful environment as is. I dont want to have to inform my manager of the situation....nurses/nurse managers arent the best at keeping things on the low down. Im embarrassed enough about all of this without adding more people to the situation. He still keeps blowing up my phone...his number is blocked but it still appears in ny recent call log as auto rejected. I just dont know what else to do other than change my number or get a restraining order.

Abuse and manipulation go hand-in-hand. Do not communicate with him or any of his people. Delete and block them all. Focus exclusively on the logistics of severing all ties and most of all getting your stuff out if there before he trashes it.

Get an attorney or help from local law enforcement if you need to. After you get your stuff, get a cease and desist and restraining order against him and any of his abuse-by-proxy pawns. Enlist the help of your friends and family and stop taking the bait and communicate with his pawns.

Your reply to his dad was perfect! Straight and to the point. He should NOT contact you again after you have explained it all so clearly. Should either the dad or your now ex continue to contact you, you should seriously consider filing for a restraining order (imo). Keep a paper trail of every single text message they send you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice