Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another murder by a "loving" romantic partner....why?

Platinum Member

Another murder by a "loving" romantic partner....why?

By now, everyone knows that Chris Watts murdered his pregnant wife Shanaan and his own 2 little girls.

Over the holiday, this happened:
    Darren Emery, 46, killed his 39 year-old girlfriend Kate Katsen, her 2 kids, and her mother (who was staying with her while recovering from hip surgery):

[Register to see the link]

I did some digging, and I actually found Darren Emery and Kate Katsen on Facebook. Kate's husband passed away a little over a year ago from cancer, and she met Darren Emery (not sure how), and within months, they were the happiest couple on Facebook. All sorts of shmoopie-shmoopie posts about each other. Yes, I had holiday downtime, so I went back a year in each of their timelines, and it was all hearts and kisses emoji's.

In early December, Kate updated her profile picture, where she is kissing Darren in a "Merry Christmas" post. On December 18th, Darren updated his profile picture to one of him taken from behind, at a shooting range, pointing a gun at a target. His Facebook cover photo is of him, Kate, and her kids, and his profile picture actually shows him pointing the gun at all of them.

I'm so chilled by this story, and this image. He killed her and the 2 young kids in the picture (not sure who the older kid is in the picture, not hers).

What is happening? Why are these men killing not only these women, but their children too?

Platinum Member
    I was actually discussing this with my mom the other day; how Iím seeing these scenarios more & more in the news.

Prior to Christmas, I saw a story in the news about a woman from Canada (Quebec), where she went on vacation to Mexico with her boyfriend. She did not return home during the first week in December as expected, but he did. Turns out he commited suicide upon arriving home to Canada, and the authorities discovered her body in their hotel room in Mexico.

Theyíre still investigating what happened, but um, yeah...

And then over the holidays, I saw a story in the news about a man in Colorado being charged with the murder of his fiancťe, which prompted this discussion I had with my mom.

I donít know. Pretty scary, and makes me wonder what the world is coming to.
    Last edited by milly007; 01-02-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Platinum Member
    I heard about Chris Watts, yeah it just boggles the mind.

Although he has not been tried and convicted, but he most likely did it, law enforcement doesn't arrest and indict without enough evidence to convict.

I will never understand, I mean just break up with her for chrissakes; the only thing I can think of is these people who kill those they supposedly love must be struggling with some very powerful and dangerous demons!

Very very sad and scary!

I canít find the stats to support it, but Iíve heard colloquially that the most dangerous thing a woman can do, from a murder standpoint, is marry a white man (white husbands are most likely to murder their spouses is the claim - trying to find stats now)

Oh ny gosh, I was totally thinking about writing this.

Haha MLD funny, I was going to say itís dangerous to start dating a dude who Ďgoing through a divorceí or whoís wife Ďrecently diedí arenít those the tall tales these men are telling? Iím not blaming the other women on these situations, just dang all the more reason to avoid rebounding dudes they might have killed their wives.

Another thing that was kinda a light bulb moment for me with these men killing these women is they were all living lies. The Watts family was deep in debt and were fighting but no one said anything until AFTER she was dead like their neighbors became Columbo showing their cam footage. Too little too late a**holes.

Platinum Member
    Chris Watts murdered his girlfriend, she was not his wife so don't quite get what him being in debt had to do with anything unless his gf had a life ins policy and he was the beneficiary which is possible I guess.

Dumb on her part but possible.

May she rest in peace.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 01-02-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Here are the CDC stats : [Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    I canít find the stat

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Chris Watts murdered his girlfriend, she was not his wife so don't quite get what him being in debt had to do with anything unless his gf had a life ins policy and he was the beneficiary which is possible I guess.

Dumb on her part but possible.

May she rest in peace.
    Iím pretty sure he killed his wife and children, shanann watts and his two daughters.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    My momís best friend was murdered by her third husband 26 years ago. She had left him already but he drew her back to the house and said he had some of her stuff. When she got there he shot her with a shot gun. Then he blew his own head off with the same gun. My step dadís nephew was the investigative officer. But my poor mom found out on the 11 PM news about the woman who had been her friend for 25 years.

Platinum Member
    What about that missing woman Kelsey Berreth.

I have learned never to believe she shmoopy stories on Facebook unless I really know the person well and I am always a bit suspicious of too much schmoop early on - to me it's almost similar to all the gushing I see women do about their newfound MLM business - often means it's not going that well.

Scary stuff, I agree.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice