Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another murder by a "loving" romantic partner....why?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    None taken!

I have a "thing" (not sure what it would be called, maybe perhaps anxiety-related, or whatever) where I can't stand extraneous noise. So for me, the t.v. is almost always off, until I watch a particular show. I'll watch, and then either mute or off. But I do like that list, as I can tend to get addicted to certain shows, so thanks!

The Dirty John series is 8 parts, and I'm so hooked. And I listened to the podcast first, so I know the whole story. All I can say is, the portrayals and the stories are almost exactly what happened, down to the conversations, which are being portrayed verbatim. Story's not over yet, is all I'm sayin'.
    How can you watch these shows? I watch CNN for 30 minutes and I get depressed. Only bad news.

It doesn't affect your mood? (Aside from making you wonder if the next guy you meet is a psycho)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by dias
    LOL, no offense taken! DJohn is pretty much the only show I watch, on the recommendation of LHGirl.

Before that is was HBO's Big Little Lies (also on the recommendation of LHGirl).

Oh and I sometimes watch the Food Network!!

Platinum Member
    @dias, I hear ya re CNN. I used to have that on (as background) 24/7 but yeah it started depressing me, so that's gone from my life (for the most part).

Especially after I started dating my boyfriend who, like me, prefers music as background now.

I do like watching shows (and movies) that are thought-provoking and powerful though as Big Little Lies and Dirty John both are, imo!

Platinum Member
    How can you watch these shows?
    It's only one show. OK I'll admit it.....my other shows are Housewives, Bachelor, Married at First Sight, 90 Day Fiance. All cultural wasteland shows, lol!

But to expand on Dirty John, I find the psychology behind all of this fascinating.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LHGirl

But to expand on Dirty John, I find the psychology behind all of this fascinating.
    And heck it's just riveting television and damn entertaining!!

And I learned a lot about abusive relationships from watching Big Little Lies (created a thread about it even).

Sitcoms, weekly dramas and the like I don't really enjoy or even have time for.

Although I am thinking of watching the weekly drama, The Good Doctor, about the doctor who has autism, that sounds interesting!

Platinum Member
    LHGirl, I will not be watching but as I'm sure you know the new season of The Bachelor is starting tonight.

On could argue being on this site could be construed as a waste of time, so kettle meet pot.

(No offense tho... )

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    On could argue being on this site could be construed as a waste of time, so kettle meet pot.

(No offense tho... )
    Touché!!!! haha

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by figureitout23

(No offense tho... )
    Perhaps this^ was a bit tongue n cheek? Personally I've learned a heck of a lot from reading this (and other forums). 😉

I'm a "true crime" junkie (I like watching true crime documentaries and documentaries about sociopathy/psychopathy in general). I've been obsessing over the Chris Watts case and I've watched so many videos about it, all the theories, analysis and all. I had to stop because it was disturbing me. I felt traumatised just thinking about how he murdered his pregnant wife and the kids and even had nightmares about it and just thinking about it makes me cry. I even stopped watching true crime documentaries all together (probably temporary) for the sake of my mental health.

I have no idea people kill their loved ones, much less the children. I cannot imagine what goes through their mind. And the worst and scariest is that these people hide for years their true colours. Also, even if a person notices some redflags, one never imagine that their loved one is going to murder them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice