Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another murder by a "loving" romantic partner....why?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Chris Watts murdered his girlfriend, she was not his wife so don't quite get what him being in debt had to do with anything unless his gf had a life ins policy and he was the beneficiary which is possible I guess.
    Chris Watts married his wife, not girlfriend. She was pregnant, and they have 2 kids already (had, so sad).

She was huge on posting on Facebook about their wonderful, amazing marriage, but as Figureitout pointed out, they were actually deep in debt.

After the murders, it came out that he was cheating for at least 10 months prior, both having a male "mistress" and a female one. He told both of them that he was going through a divorce/separation, but neither of them knew about the other.

Someone posted the very chilling police body cam of the first police to arrive, once Shanaan's (Chris' wife) best friend called to say she hadn't heard from her. It's about an hour long, of the police interviewing him in his house, just asking questions, and the so obvious body language that Chris was guilty. Kudos to this cop, who hung in there, going from room to room, then to the neighbor's house, viewing the footage from his security camera, all while never making any accusations, never doing anything physical.

Platinum Member
    Chris Watts murdered his girlfriend, she was not his wife so don't quite get what him being in debt had to do with anything unless his gf had a life ins policy and he was the beneficiary which is possible I guess.

Dumb on her part but possible.

May she rest in peace.
    They were married and had two daughters. He was having an affair.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    They were married and had two daughters. He was having an affair.
    He was having at least 2 concurrent affairs, one with a man, and one with a woman, for at least 10 months.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    I’m pretty sure he killed his wife and children, shanann watts and his two daughters.
    Okay, my mistake, I'm thinking of someone else who was recently charged for killing his girlfriend whose body has not been found, but he's been arrested nevertheless. Don't know his name.

So sad.

Platinum Member
    Okay, my mistake, I'm thinking of someone else who was recently charged for killing his girlfriend whose body has not been found, but he's been arrested nevertheless. Don't know his name.

So sad.
    I was thinking of this case:

DENVER — A Colorado man was charged Monday with murder and solicitation to commit murder in the death of his missing fiancee as police try to find out what happened to the mother of his child.

Patrick Frazee is accused of trying to find someone to kill Kelsey Berreth three times between September and November and causing her death on or around Thanksgiving, according to a charging document. Berreth was last seen Thanksgiving Day on a grocery store surveillance video with the couple’s 1-year-old daughter, and Frazee said the two met that day to exchange their child.

The girl is staying with her mother’s family, and authorities have not said if they have found Berreth’s body.

Like why not just break the engagement, did he have to freakin kill her??????

Platinum Member
    DENVER — A Colorado man was charged Monday with murder and solicitation to commit murder in the death of his missing fiancee as police try to find out what happened to the mother of his child.

Patrick Frazee
    Oh right! That case too! He was always described as a quiet country boy. Apparently he got ticked off that she bought a house before they got married, because her name was the only name on the house. Since she had a child, she wanted to own something, and she paid entirely for it. Never a reason to freaking kill someone, jeez. Apparently he hired her murder.

Bunch of freaking psychopaths out there. Makes me want to stay bundled up in my pj's and eat Cheeto's. I've been reading too many of these stories lately, plus watching Dirty John. OK rant over....I know there are truly nice, great guys out there. (puts away Cheeto's).

Platinum Member
    Speaking of Dirty John, 5th episode aired Sunday -- OMG I was literally shaking!! That guy is SCARY!!

Did you see the look on his face when the lawyer he hired to expunge his record suggested a post nup?????

True story which makes it more riveting!

The acting all around is some of the best I've seen; that look by DJohn still haunts me!!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LHGirl

Makes me want to stay bundled up in my pj's and eat Cheeto's.
    That sounds fun to me, and I'm in a relationship!! lol

Platinum Member
    [Register to see the link]

(no offense)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by dias
    None taken!

I have a "thing" (not sure what it would be called, maybe perhaps anxiety-related, or whatever) where I can't stand extraneous noise. So for me, the t.v. is almost always off, until I watch a particular show. I'll watch, and then either mute or off. But I do like that list, as I can tend to get addicted to certain shows, so thanks!

The Dirty John series is 8 parts, and I'm so hooked. And I listened to the podcast first, so I know the whole story. All I can say is, the portrayals and the stories are almost exactly what happened, down to the conversations, which are being portrayed verbatim. Story's not over yet, is all I'm sayin'.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice